What's new

Information/Clarification regarding two types of "Gillette Platinum" blades

Then there are these versions to mess up things even more:

Gillette Platinum-Plus
s-l640.jpg

Gillette Platinum Hardened Edges
s-l1600 (2).jpg

And to really confuse things... buy some Gillettes in the white plastic dispensers and toss the cardboard. I have a couple that are at least 15 years old and I have no idea what they are. I can only say I tried one recently and it was really a good shaver. I *know* that one of the dispensers is the Super Stainless they used to sell with a red and black card. The others, though, are lost to eternity.

Then there are these versions to mess up things even more:

Gillette Platinum-Plus
View attachment 1165414 VS
1602125747298.png

I also noticed these, very curious. First off, it seems that someone incorrectly included a picture of a Brazilian Gillette Platinum Plus blade. The blades do not say "Platinum Plus" as pictured. And inside, it contains 5-packs that look like the Gillette Platinum Light Blue on hanging card, but they do not come on a hanging card and there are no EAN (UPC) numbers on the back of the 5-packs, unlike the Gillette Platinum Light Blue on hanging card and other Gillette blades:

Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 10.54.28 PM.png

Also, it seems the 50-box wouldn't lend itself to selling individual 5-packs to consumers in the same way that a hanging card would hang on the shelf at a store, or the flat 100-packs of Gillette which can hang in a kiosk. Also, note that it says "50 x blade on the box", rather than "10 x 5-pack". This makes me wonder if they're actually intended to be sold as a box of 50 to the consumer. And most curious - these non-hanging card Gillette Platinums in this strange 50-box get bad reviews due to low quality, with some accusations of counterfeiting. Note that it is Amazon itself that is selling these odd Gillette Platinums.

Last edited:
It seems that amazon UK is selling Gillette Platinum Plus, and your can get Gillette Platinum Light Blue from RazorBladeClub. Both have very similar 50 x blades or 10 x 5 box blade.

BTW, another kind of Gillette Platinum in Dark Blue is also available from RazorBladeClub.

It will be interesting to have Gillette Platinum Plus ... :p

It seems that amazon UK is selling Gillette Platinum Plus, and your can get Gillette Platinum Light Blue from RazorBladeClub. Both have very similar 50 x blades or 10 x 5 box blade.

BTW, another kind of Gillette Platinum in Dark Blue is also available from RazorBladeClub.

It will be interesting to have Gillette Platinum Plus ... :p

I don't think my previous post displayed properly. Those blades pictured above, and selling on Amazon UK are not Gillette Platinum Plus. The blade pictured with the box is incorrect.
The blades do not say "Platinum Plus". Inside, it contains 5-packs that look like the Gillette Platinum Light Blue on hanging card, but they do not come on a hanging card and there are no EAN (UPC) numbers on the back of the 5-packs, unlike the Gillette Platinum Light Blue on hanging card and other Gillette blades:

Also, it seems the 50-box wouldn't lend itself to selling individual 5-packs to consumers in the same way that a hanging card would hang on the shelf at a store, or the flat 100-packs of Gillette which can hang in a kiosk. Also, note that it says "50 x blade on the box", rather than "10 x 5-pack". This makes me wonder if they're actually intended to be sold as a box of 50 to the consumer. And most curious - these non-hanging card Gillette Platinums in this strange 50-box get bad reviews due to low quality, with some accusations of counterfeiting. Note that it is Amazon itself that is selling these odd Gillette Platinums.

I don't think my previous post displayed properly. Those blades pictured above, and selling on Amazon UK are not Gillette Platinum Plus. The blade pictured with the box is incorrect.
The blades do not say "Platinum Plus". Inside, it contains 5-packs that look like the Gillette Platinum Light Blue on hanging card, but they do not come on a hanging card and there are no EAN (UPC) numbers on the back of the 5-packs, unlike the Gillette Platinum Light Blue on hanging card and other Gillette blades:

I never tried them so I can't vouch for their quality. Probably that presentation is a "saloon pack" intended for professionals.

So I just received some different dark blue platinums. The writing on the box is in Arabic and a different UPC. Thoughts?

D07D91EC-6DEB-4430-91EA-D4989C30C891.jpeg
EFEFE76F-1A36-43A3-A652-7CFBBBFEC0FE.jpeg
80A09EB0-87C6-4F49-A5A3-988DE76EF757.jpeg

I know nothing about the authenticity of the blades, but a different UPC does not necessarily mean that they're fake.I believe that different UPCs may indicate different product lines (not necessarily different products) or different packaging.

Top Bottom