What's new

Info on old razor please

my father gave me an old razor that was made in the USA. He never used the razor and it was given to him as a gift, however we have no information to help identify it. It is an adjustable from 1 to 9 and it has a black handle with a butterfly opening top. Any information would be helpful, and some tips on cleaning it would be nice too, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0681.JPG
    IMG_0681.JPG
    620.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    711.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0685.JPG
    IMG_0685.JPG
    598.2 KB · Views: 30
Gillette Super Adjustable.

My first double-edge was a Super Adjustable. I have it still, forty years later. To check the date code it was manufactured, look at the bottom plate, where the handle joins the head of the razor. There should be a letter and a number. The letter equates to a year, and the number for the quarter.

I clean my razors with a old toothbrush and dish washing detergent. I prefer Dawn. Scrubbing Bubbles works too (the bleach free kind). If the adjustment ring and silo doors dont' move freely, a long soak in solution of Dawn and water usually helps.

I don't boil my razors, soak them in alcohol, or do anything to "Sterilize" them beyond what I've described.

That's a very nice razor. That's what I used for my shave this morning. Load up a blade and enjoy your shave.

Top Bottom