What's new

Influence on Children

Hi, folks.

I just wanted to share a little something with you. Some of you will appreciate this, others might get some serious thinking from it, still others might just smile and relate to it.

About two months ago, I was surfing ye olde interweb when I thought I'd share with my 3 and a half year old the wonders of "Badger, badger, badger mushroom mushroom... snake" Yeah. That one.

He viewed it with little interest. He probably thought the badgers were cute or whatever and then went on playing with his trains and running about the room. I closed the window and went about my business as well.

Here we are, Christmas Day. Per tradition, I had dinner with my wife's family. We were gathered around, waiting to begin the good eats. My son was on floor playing with some cars. During a short break of near silence, my son breaks off into song with, yes, you guessed it, ":badger:, :badger:, :badger: SNAKE SNAKE!!!"

I was the only one who had any idea what he was talking about, of course. I just shrugged and shook my head, but inside I was dieing with laughter.

A father can never really predict the impact he has on a son - even one as young as three.

Have a great day, all.

Top Bottom