What's new

Inflatable Pontoon Boat - Suggestions?

Hey crew! I usually hide out in the brown leaf area :) I need suggestions and advice. I've got an older 14' v-bottom fishing boat that is a great boat for doing what I do. I fish all the large ponds and small lakes in my area for perch, crappie, and bass. I am not using the boat as much as I'd like anymore since I got my sedan car and my wife has the truck. I am really impressed with inflatable pontoon boats so I can break them down for my car. I'd like a nice one because I'm the type that likes to make purchases for the long haul investment.

I've came across a few that peak my interest but I am open ears on other suggestions.

Sea Eagle 375fc 2 person Inflatable Fishing Boat. Package Prices starting at $1,499 plus FREE Shipping - https://www.seaeagle.com/FoldCat/375fc - I love this design but I've sent an email and phone calls with questions and after a week, no reply.
12' 2-Salt Steelhead Pontoon — CatcherCraft Boats - http://www.catchercraft.com/2saltsteelheadpontoon - they told me they can design this for breakdown and take off some of the pieces I don't need. I like that it's a two person for the few times I can take someone with me. When I'm alone the space will be nice to have too.
10' 1-Salt Steelhead Pontoon — CatcherCraft Boats - http://www.catchercraft.com/1saltsteelheadpontoon - same boat but one seater. Absolutely love that they can make these designs to a 72" beam and 12' length pontoons. That would be amazing stability.

Anyways, please give me your thoughts and ideas. It would be nice to buy something made in the USA. I do value customer service as much as the boat itself. Sea Eagle is making me frown because of their inability to answer a potential customer correspondence.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
You don't want my opinion... 🤔 Once I spent a whole day into night floating downriver on a half-sunk inflatable.

Hope one of them works out, and you have a patch kit.

AA

You don't want my opinion... 🤔 Once I spent a whole day into night floating downriver on a half-sunk inflatable.

Hope one of them works out, and you have a patch kit.

AA

Sounds like a good story to share. I once knew someone who was so scared of snakes that one fell into his boat from a tree overhang and he panicked and dropped a few rounds into his boat to kill the snake.

Not a pontoon but have you checked out Water Master products? I haven’t seen their two-person raft but I have their Kodiak and love it. Very well made, very portable, great on rivers and still water.

Tom

I’ve looked at foldable boats, they just don’t seem like my cup of tea.

My main waters will be small lakes. I thought the pontoon might be a good way to get a boat and just float and play, anchor and fish, break down and throw in the car.

I’m now also looking at Sotar boats.

Are you interested in a one or two-person craft?

A number of years ago we did a fly-in fishing trip to Canada. Part of the experience was portaging the boats or kayaks from one lake to another. There were six of us in the group and two used a kayak and the rest of us used inflatables (2 persons each). The kayaks were a disaster for fishing but the rafts worked fine - as long as the wind co-operated. When the wind picked up we skimmed across the lake. (Ours did not come with a small motor or engine but only oars). I don't recall the name of the boat but it looks very similar to the Water Master Bruin raft. The one we had, however, would not fit in a sedan. We had a patch kit and pump as well as the oars and a small anchor.

Top Bottom