What's new

Infinity Razor?

I'm waiting on the ceramic blade razor since they claim it's too sharp.
I guess they have never used a Feather blade with a DE safety razor.

So, you're saying Chuck Norris could do it? :biggrin:

Yes, that is exactly what I meant to imply. I said he COULD... I would never be so bold as to say what Chuck Norris should or shouldn't do. I imagine they'd have to annoint every blade with one of his tears, but I prefer using a dull razor to the ramifications of making Chuck Norris cry.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant to imply. I said he COULD... I would never be so bold as to say what Chuck Norris should or shouldn't do. I imagine they'd have to annoint every blade with one of his tears, but I prefer using a dull razor to the ramifications of making Chuck Norris cry.

Chuck Norris doesn't cry. Nor does he shave. He merely looks in the mirror and the appropriate whiskers (leaving his beard trimmed) fall into the sink.

Randy

Very interesting how all the positive reviews only have one post, a few months later. It's almost like they joined only to post that and never came back. Odd, huh?

E

ExistenZtial

I came to this site and read everyone's thoughts about Infinity Razor. I figured $20 wasn't a big price to pay to try it out. So, I visited the site. Ordered the $20.00 business which also tacks on $8.95 for shipping. As you go on to checkout (so you think), you are bombarded with other offers. I found an offer that seemed more cost efficient and clicked yes. They tacked that on and before I knew it I was paying $61 for both offers and there was no way to cancel either order. I phoned the company immediately BUT they only work 8-5 or 9-4 (depending on which phone number you call). You can leave a 30 second message, email them (they don't respond) or fax them. I did all three. After not receiving a response to my email, I called, faxed and emailed to cancel my entire order. I also contacted my bank to tell them not to honor the order. It was already too late. They had already charged my account...not once, but TWICE.

Someone finally called after a screaming voice mail and fax. They claimed they could do nothing since the item had been shipped. I was furious. So, they gave me a "Return Authorization Number". This meant I had to open the box and pay for the return shipping without confirmation that I was going to be reimbursed for the double charge to my account, which they would not acknowledge!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY - INFOWORX. IF YOU CAN FIND THE ITEM IN A STORE, try it but absolutely do not try ordering it online. They will fleece you. They are a fishy organization and it's been many years since I've made a mistake like this. I'm usually very untrusting...:cursing:

I have no idea how the product performs but will wait to find it in a store like Bed, Bath and Beyond to try it out. I will think twice before providing my numbers to any fishy TV informercial groups ever again!

N

N4AOF

Very interesting how all the positive reviews only have one post, a few months later. It's almost like they joined only to post that and never came back. Odd, huh?

Actually every one of the reviews is from a user with only one post - PERIOD - not just the positive reviews.

Despite all the posturing (and off-topic rambling) by several prolific posters, not one of the 'experienced' users of the forum has reviewed this item.

My guess is that these one-post-users mostly found B&B the same way I did, via Google or some other search engine while looking for exactly the kind of information that ISN'T here - a reliable review of the product.

This thread is the very first thing that comes up with a Google search. It does make a bit of sense, then, that we'd have a lot of first posters... Hopefully they are looking at the rest of the site.

I would never order this razor on-line and pay shipping. However, i did come across this razor at Walgreen's. I had a $5 gift card, so the razor cost me $5. I have used it daily for a couple of weeks. Certainly it doesnt shave as well as my Futura DE even with crappy Merkur blades, but I will say that if I give it 3 or 4 passes I get a decent shave. I'm going to keep using it and see how long it goes before it becomes painful. I set up my beard with musgo and brush, so maybe that is helping the razor perform.

D

dvdchris

This seems like par for the course for infomercial-sold products. Like the $5 Sweep n Mop that turns out to be $30 by the time you order it.
The vast majority of reviews have been negative on this thing.
I found one site that reviews infomercial stuff, infomercial ratings.
Some products sold on tv seem to be ok, it's the business practices of these tv sellers that are deplorable like overcharging for shipping and making it hard or impossible to opt-out of add-on sales.
If you want to buy some of this stuff, buy it on Amazon and nix the overcharges.

I'm waiting on the ceramic blade razor since they claim it's too sharp.
I guess they have never used a Feather blade with a DE safety razor.

It's not the sharpness that's the problem. The problem is that ceramic is very brittle and its durability is questionable.

==Tom

I would never order this razor on-line and pay shipping. However, i did come across this razor at Walgreen's. I had a $5 gift card, so the razor cost me $5. I have used it daily for a couple of weeks. Certainly it doesnt shave as well as my Futura DE even with crappy Merkur blades, but I will say that if I give it 3 or 4 passes I get a decent shave. I'm going to keep using it and see how long it goes before it becomes painful. I set up my beard with musgo and brush, so maybe that is helping the razor perform.

Been about 1 month now. Been using the razor daily. Still giving the same shave it did when new. Not that it is good, but it is lasting as advertised so far.

whats the point of the razor lasting forever if you have to spend an hour getting rid of stubs and fuzzy spots, no point what so ever,

maximum molecular bond? I see a solution!

Make a giant straight razor blade.

Sharpen the entire thing.

Drop it into a black hole, then find a way to get it back out.

it should be the size of a normal straight razor blade now, make some scales for it.

Use your incredibly sharp, now-normal-sized straight razor for as long as you want!

P.S. for honing solutions, just send it to joel he'll make it work.

I saw an advertisement on CNBC this A.M. (it came on twice in a 15 minute-period acutally) for the "Infinity Razor." It was touted as the last razor you'd ever need to buy (although it sure looked like a disposable to me). They have a satisfaction guarantee, to the extent that if you weren't happy with it, they'd buy you your favorite "cartridge razor" as replacement.

Their website (now up and running):

www.theinfinityrazor.com

I smell snake oil :spockflam

Anybody else seen/heard of this?

Here's reviews.

http://dethroner.com/2007/04/12/infinity-razor-reviewed-verdict-junk/

Top Bottom