What's new

Inexpensive OC

Got a Pearl OC recently, and hsd the worst shave in a long time!
Did you have alignment issues? They've had some QC issues and some folks swap the cap. The US Pearl distributor is pretty good about matching the head.

Aside from the above it's a very conventional Old Type/Fatip design that's somewhat aggressive but not hard to master.

Last time I used it I swapped the Yaqi cap with great results.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yaqi-Pearl.
proxy.php

Another offer for a complete and disinfected unknown origin french open comb. I just ask that if you don't care for it, PIF to another member. If want me to ship out to you tomorrow, send me your name and address.
View attachment 876826 View attachment 876829 View attachment 876832
That's an extremely generous offer, but I'm still in the honeymoon period with my Rockwell 6C, and I now have several other OC's. I think you'd find plenty of folks who would love to see it PIF'd. That said, if you don't want to do a public PIF, let me know. I'd be happy to try it for a week or two, and either PIF it or one of the other OC's I have.

That's an extremely generous offer, but I'm still in the honeymoon period with my Rockwell 6C, and I now have several other OC's. I think you'd find plenty of folks who would love to see it PIF'd. That said, if you don't want to do a public PIF, let me know. I'd be happy to try it for a week or two, and either PIF it or one of the other OC's I have.
Holy thread resurrection...................didn't see the year :302:

M

Member 113878

Did you have alignment issues? They've had some QC issues and some folks swap the cap. The US Pearl distributor is pretty good about matching the head.

Aside from the above it's a very conventional Old Type/Fatip design that's somewhat aggressive but not hard to master.

Last time I used it I swapped the Yaqi cap with great results.

Blade alignment was okay.
Got mine form Gifts and Care in Spain.
It was inexpensive, so no problem.
I kept the handle, which I like, but threw away the head.
I put that handle on my RR Sloc. :)

I'm unfamiliar with the Pearl OC, but the RR Old type is now my daily shaver. This is the 1st OC I've ever used and I'm amazed at the comfort and efficiency of it. Get the whole thing (at under $15) and a 316L SS handle comes with it !I'm truly blown away by this inexpensive, but great shaver.

I wonder if the RR Old Type is just another Yaqi head in disguise. (Just like the RR SLOC is.) As older RR models aren't so easily to be found in Europe, maybe there is a better chance in finding the "clone".

Top Bottom