What's new

Inexpensive Burr Grinder Suggestions Please

Lets start with your budget
Jason

I am looking around $100 Dollars and I would like it to be pretty decent for Espresso Grinds. Thanks. I linked a couple in a previous post above...either of those look worthy?

You may be able to squeak by with that Saeco, but if you can find a Virtuoso reburbished for just a couple of bucks more, it would be worth the extra 3 bucks x 50.

You might want to contact the fine folks at Baratza about that. www.baratza.com I've heard nothing but great things about their customer service, and the Virtuoso is probably the best bang-for-your-buck in terms of a multi-use home grinder. And if you can swing one for $133, I'd call that a great deal.

What is your opinion of the Maestro? There is a refurbished one advertised on the site for under $70

Lets start with your budget

You may be able to squeak by with that Saeco, but if you can find a Virtuoso reburbished for just a couple of bucks more, it would be worth the extra 3 bucks x 50.

You might want to contact the fine folks at Baratza about that. www.baratza.com I've heard nothing but great things about their customer service, and the Virtuoso is probably the best bang-for-your-buck in terms of a multi-use home grinder. And if you can swing one for $133, I'd call that a great deal.

I can't really say. The odds are good that it will outperform that Saeco, though I'm not sure if its build is stable enough to give a very consistent grind quality, but it will do what you need it to, even if not to the quality you may want.

If I were in your shoes, I'd hold out until a refurbished Virtuoso became available, but if I just couldn't wait, I would probably suffer with the Maestro.

but it will do what you need it to, even if not to the quality you may want.

I actually don't make espresso. More of a French Press and Aeropress quaffer. What I desire is a grinder that will produce a consistent grind, but in the coarser rather than the finer range. Does that make a difference in the choice of grinder?

I actually don't make espresso. More of a French Press and Aeropress quaffer. What I desire is a grinder that will produce a consistent grind, but in the coarser rather than the finer range. Does that make a difference in the choice of grinder?

Not really. Grind consistency is grind consistency, be it coarse or fine. You don't need to grind at as fine of a particle size, which is a shortcoming of a lot of grinders, so you could probably go with a cheaper grinder and be happy. It will work. But the cup quality is directly related to grind quality.

That having been said, there are an awful lot of people who enjoy making a french press with their capresso infinity.

Top Bottom