What's new

Indulgence of the Night - September 2009

I just tried the 3rd cigar from this bundle which has been a slight let down.

i bought bundle of Corona's with an EMS wrapper, and if i try them again will pick up Maduro's.

im realizing a fairly surprising truth that with cigars, you get what you pay for.

The Bronx Cocktail (1.5oz gin, 0.25oz sweet vermouth, 0.25oz dry vermouth, 3/4oz orange juice, shaken):

Last night I had a great meal. Had the best tuna, I've ever had. It was bigeye tuna served in a carpaccio style, totally raw with four dipping sauces. The restaurant said it was A++ grade, I don't know if that means anything, but it was freaking awesome.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
A nice Courvoisier X.O. in a superb Brandy Glass... The glass makes the difference. I will need to review that bottle when empty!

proxy.php

A perfect negroni. And then another.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Jewish food
I know, it sounds like the title of one of the world's smallest books, but there are a few good recipes.

Matzoh ball soup
Stuffed cabbage
Potato knish
Brisket
Kasha varnishkes
Doctor Brown's cream soda

Recipes on request.

Just back from 3 weeks vacation in New Zealand and Australia and decided I needed to crank up both my grills. I used Primo to roast some beets (coated them with EVOO and added some pecan) for a salad that was in this month's Fine Cooking and cooked some burgers on the BGE. It really hit the spot.

proxy.php

proxy.php

After 3 weeks, they both needed a cook.

Grilled ribeye and baked potato with all the fixins . . . followed by Hendricks and grapefruit juice watching a movie, and JWB and soda smoking a Padilla Miami.

Life is good. :biggrin:

NANP™

How do you like that? I bought a bottle a while ago without having tasted it, and I was somewhat disappointed.

Good question. It's a good quality bourbon, but not necessarily to my preferred tastes. The alcohol is very pronounced which distracted me for a while. Reminded me of Maker's, which I'm also not a huge fan of because of the overbearing alcohol. Also, a little more medicinal than I prefer, but I may learn to like it, like I did with the Van Winkle Lot B.

Top Bottom