What's new

Indulgence of the Night -- February 2011

Durigutti Malbec 2008. Listed as one of the Top 100 Wines of 2010. For $12 I had to give it a try. Quite nice.

A blind vertical tasting of Highland Park 8, 12, and 18 (the 8 was a G&M bottling, the other two were the regular distillery releases). It was fun and a little tricky identifying them blind, the HP house character is very prominent - they all have the same basic profile, just in different amounts. Funny thing is, when tasting blind, most people preferred the 8 over the other two! :001_smile

I needed a hot toddy but didn't have the energy to make one. I ended up finishing the Dickel 12. No need to replace that bottle.

Just a finger of the Laphroaig 10. Sweeter on the nose than when I first tried it, but still with that long beefy finish.

A pour of Macallan 12. It's a good Scotch, but I find it overrated.

Same here while out with my Valentine. The nose immediately identifies it as a Speyside malt, but too sweet to have me purchasing a bottle anytime soon. Am I getting lots of caramel with this Scotch, too? It's amazing how different Scotch can be!

Last edited:
Here's a cellphone photo of my indulgence last night. 2009 vintage.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight I will be spending a good bit of time with Hibiki 12 Year Old. I was hoarding my bottle because distribution hadn't made it to Atlanta and i got mine from a friend. I recently saw it available locally so there's no holding back tonight!

Top Bottom