What's new

Indulgence of the Night - December 2010

Guinness Foreign Extra Stout? That's tasty but if you want something with a little kick that will drop you to the floor at night without the good bye kiss try The Lost Abbey Old Viscosity. 3-4 and you'll be right as rain and singing carols all night long till you pass out. And in the morning you won't remember how you got there. That's how I like my beer. There in the evening but gone by sun rise.

A couple of rounds of Glenfiddich 15 while I was cooking dinner last night followed by an after dinner glass of Old Forrester 2010 Birthday Bourbon.

Laphroaig 10 by the firepit until the neighbor complained about the smoke (the firepit, not the Islay malt!). Bah humbug!

Each time I grab a couple of fingers, the sips get sweeter.

Wow just tried a beer called Gouden Carolus Classic and I think I might be in love! :001_wub: Santa dropped me a few bottles in my stocking bless his bearded soul.

Wow just tried a beer called Gouden Carolus Classic and I think I might be in love! :001_wub: Santa dropped me a few bottles in my stocking bless his bearded soul.

That's a great beer! I bought a case of 12 x .75l bottles four years ago. Just finished a bottle couple days ago. Delicious!

My last indulgence of 2010 was quite a time. I brought over the Highland Park 30 Year Old and a buddy brought some Opus X double coronas that he'd laid down for the last 13 years. "Oh My God" doesn't begin to describe it.

I am sipping a glass of Woodford Reserve that I got this morning. Not the cheapest bourbon (especially not in the Canadian market where I live) but well worth the price. I was always fan of scotch, but this bourbon makes me want to discover what else Kentucky has in store.

Top Bottom