What's new

Indulgence of the Night 9/4 - 9/10

Going to a friend's house for a BBQ. On the menu:

Chipotle, Honey and Orange Ribs
Carolina Cole Slaw
Corn on the cob from the farm behind their house!
Brownies
and lots of beer and wine!

Yuuuuuuuuuum.

Yeah, I'm working as well.

Missed out on a great bike ride up in the mountains too boot.

Oh well. :frown:

To amend this post, I am home now and listening to Dmitri Shostakovich: String Quartet No. 8 in c, Op 110.

A nice way to save the day.

Lets see, for my birthday my wife and I went to the cheesecake Factory for dinner. Here's what I had:

A 16oz of Stella Artois
HIBACHI STEAK
Slices of Hanger Steak and Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms over Onions, Bean Sprouts and a Soy Steak Sauce. Served with Tempura Asparagus and Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
And a Key lime cheesecake

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Quagmire said:
Lets see, for my birthday my wife and I went to the cheesecake Factory for dinner. Here's what I had:

A 16oz of Stella Artois
HIBACHI STEAK
Slices of Hanger Steak and Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms over Onions, Bean Sprouts and a Soy Steak Sauce. Served with Tempura Asparagus and Wasabi Mashed Potatoes

Hanger steak is one of the great secrets of the cow. Grinding some into your chop meat mix yields a very tasty burger.:thumbup1:

ouch said:
Quagmire said:

A 16oz of Stella Artois
HIBACHI STEAK

Hanger steak is one of the great secrets of the cow. Grinding some into your chop meat mix yields a very tasty burger.:thumbup1:

And Stella is my raison d'etre. Not so much an indulgence but more of a reason to enjoy being alive. Fine choice, Glen. :closedeye

Last night: dinner at a Swiss restaurant, which meant fondue -- and lots of it. Sounds odd to be sitting around a boiling pot in late summer, but when it's 60 degrees and foggy in San Francisco, bubbling cheese is the antidote.

First course: salad (?)
Second course: Classic cheese fondue (with all sorts of dipping accompaniments: bread, apples, potatoes, etc.) :drool: and fondue Chinoise (like the oil fondue, but with broth, like a shabu-shabu)
Dessert: chocolate fondue, of course!

I also have to mention that IOTN is my absolute favorite thread of all. Keep it up!

Seth

Whipped up some hummus last night. Nothing easier, few ingredients, and awesome taste. Just chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon. Served with some nice pitas, some grilled halloumi cheese, olives, etc. Great meal done in about 10 minutes.

full

Shot of Grand Marnier over lots of crushed ice while watching Sunday night football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoyo de Monterey Maduro Excalibur No. 2 along with a cup of Ethiopia Harrar from Ristretto Roasters. Beans roasted by our own resident B&Ber DJ. For you coffee lovers out there you should really give his coffees a try. You won't be disappointed. I ordered the Mexican Chiapas, Ethiopia Harrar and the Sumatra Mandheling...all of which are wonderful in their own right.

Top Bottom