What's new

Indulgence of the Night 9/26 - 10/02

As another super Monday winds its way into history and cows fly, it is time for us martini lovers to try something more exotic, Tanqueray #10 on the rocks with some Hapi Mixed Crackers!

full

By the way, that is the Complete Far Side Collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotto,
Now you're in big trouble. The official word from Joel is that more than 2 long-stemmed maraschino cherries causes permanent impotence :scared: What to do? What to do?

guenron said:
Scotto,
Now you're in big trouble. The official word from Joel is that more than 2 long-stemmed maraschino cherries causes permanent impotence :scared: What to do? What to do?

You and Joel must be discussing things far removed from shaving.... :001_unsur

BTW - Tanqueray Vodka is medeocre at best.... I'd recommend passing on it. If I paid even close to full price, I'd be highly agitated. Uh oh..... what's this? I am sensing maybe some liquor reviews a commin'

joel said:
BTW - Tanqueray Vodka is medeocre at best.... I'd recommend passing on it. If I paid even close to full price, I'd be highly agitated. Uh oh..... what's this? I am sensing maybe some liquor reviews a commin'

sometimes i think that "top notch" liquors shouldn't be used in cocktails, as you are diluting something that should remain pure. though it is granted that bad booze can make a bad cocktail...

Robo,
I have had similar feelings over the years. Having worked as a bar tender when I was in college (4 C's on Glencove Road), I really used to get up tight when some one would order Chivas and Coke. :mad: It still bothers me to think about it. As a rule of thumb, if you mix it with sour mix, bar booze is adequate. Liquor on liquor, pay attention to the sticker! :cool: There are big differences that are not only distinguishable, but may make the difference in producing a good drink versus a bad drink.

Johnny Walker Red Scotch Whiskey
Cinzano Sweet Vermouth
Agnostura Bitters
Two STEMLESS Maraschino Cherries (And they are proud of it!)

full

My buddy the cat is racked out in his transparent bed box instead of making the Rob Roys.

Something different tonight - Hakkaisan Junmai Ginjyo sake. Wonderful stuff. I manage a number of Japanese employees, and I am often the recipient of their largess when they make trips home. Slightly sweet, delicious nectar. Oishkatta!

Just to show that I am a renaissance man, after the sake appetizer I whipped up a batch of Pasta Al'amatriciana....

When I was much younger, my mother always reminded me to be careful when going out with friends. And we were. Beer on Whiskey, very Risky, Whiskey on Beer, never Fear!

Well, it worked for me!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
When I was much younger, my mother always reminded me to be careful when going out with friends. And we were. Beer on Whiskey, very Risky, Whiskey on Beer, never Fear!

Well, it worked for me!

Randy

In New York, we say "Beer after liquor, never been sicker. Liquor after beer, never fear"

On Monday night, a bottle of Blackstone Merlot, split with the wife.

Tuesday afternoon before bed (working nights tonight) a Chocolate Martini made with equal parts Stoli and Vermouth with two Chocolate creams (the Chocolate creams from a convenience store you would normally put in your coffee).

ron,

ever try 'mr. barton' vodka? i guess there are some things that shouldn't be had at all. ever. after making the nastiest screwdrivers with the stuff at parties, i often grasp the large plastic jug of 'mr. barton' petrol and squeeze the odor into the sniffing space of a curious onlooker. they often cringe and get to better air immediately. i doubt joels tanqueray vodka was all that bad (it comes in a glass bottle, right?)

robofunk said:
ron,

ever try 'mr. barton' vodka? i guess there are some things that shouldn't be had at all. ever. after making the nastiest screwdrivers with the stuff at parties, i often grasp the large plastic jug of 'mr. barton' petrol and squeeze the odor into the sniffing space of a curious onlooker. they often cringe and get to better air immediately. i doubt joels tanqueray vodka was all that bad (it comes in a glass bottle, right?)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robo,
Almost sounds like they are trying to capitalize on Old Mr. Boston..

Yes, three olives! Need those healthy heart antioxidants found in olives, or gin, or vermouth, or ice cubes?

full

guenron said:
Yes, three olives! Need those healthy heart antioxidants found in olives, or gin, or vermouth, or ice cubes?

full
Beautifull pic Ron, I don't suppose those olives have blue cheese stuffed behind those pimentos?

I think I will have one of those when I get off work tomorrow morning!

AACJ said:
Beautifull pic Ron, I don't suppose those olives have blue cheese stuffed behind those pimentos?

I think I will have one of those when I get off work tomorrow morning!
Hi Art,
I wish I did do that... On the other hand, I shot that pic with available light on macro focus zoomed all of the way out and, yes the colors are really tasty and dry, er natural and brillant.. :huh:

Top Bottom