What's new

Indulgence of the Night 9/19 - 9/25

Okay Gents,
Bars open. Vodka Gibson on the rocks with Stoly, Noilly Prat, and Hotel Ritz de Paris Escoffier Onions (Two). :biggrin:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotto said:
Ron, you are on a roll with these pictures. <Walks to freezer for vodka....>
It JF's fault! He kept harassing me. I've had this Nikon laying around for a while (2 years?) and did not do JACK with it till now. BTW, JF is not Jaun Floris either.. :a12:

On that note, I'll have another! Gibson that is..

Ah! Rollin' in the Manhattan on the Rocks with Ol' Grandad, Martini and Rossi Sweet Vermouth, Agnostura Bitters, and those (less than desireable) STEMLESS Maraschino Cherries. Happi Rice Crackers and Waisabi Peas on the side.
Question of the day, How is one to be a bon vivant without stems on their Maraschinos? :glare:

guenron said:
Ah! Rollin' in the Manhattan on the Rocks with Ol' Grandad, Martini and Rossi Sweet Vermouth, Agnostura Bitters, and those (less than desireable) STEMLESS Maraschino Cherries. Happi Rice Crackers and Waisabi Peas on the side.
Question of the day, How is one to be a bon vivant without stems on their Maraschinos? :glare:

Perhaps a long-stemmed fondue fork or something similar could be employed, so as not to dampen the pristine manicured fingers? :biggrin:

Old fashion with Evan Williams single barrel. Lots of ice.

Ron, i am stem cherry rich here on the east coast. Thats all i could find this weekend. I like the stemless, probably fake ones. When muddled, they provide more body.

Regardless, they are going down very easy while watching a science channel show on parallel universes. The whole 11 dimensions thing has me a bit muddled, however.

Manhattan(s) on the rocks night with my buddy the cat tending bar. Same recipe as Tuesday, but with a picture of the whole kit and caboodle and bartender.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Going with a Corona tonight. Did a little chicken on the BBQ.

Cheers.....this one is for you Rita!

Dont mess with Texas!

Nice Manhattan Ron. Have one for me - the kids have picked up their first school germs of the season and graciously passed them along to me. No liquor the past few nights - just tea.

Well, we bought some Vodka because the in-laws are coming and they are Vodka fanciers. We picked up regular Stoli Vodka and a flavored Raspberry Vodka.

Me personally, I am going to have a good ole PLAIN (nothing plain about it) Vodka Martini with my blue cheese stuffed olives.

Does anyone have any good Raspberry Martini or Chocolate Martini recipes for my wife and in-laws?

AACJ said:
Well, we bought some Vodka because the in-laws are coming and they are Vodka fanciers. We picked up regular Stoli Vodka and a flavored Raspberry Vodka.

Me personally, I am going to have a good ole PLAIN (nothing plain about it) Vodka Martini with my blue cheese stuffed olives.

Does anyone have any good Raspberry Martini or Chocolate Martini recipes for my wife and in-laws?
Here's a place that has a pretty straight forward Godiva Chocolate Martini. Most others that I've tried usually require vanilla-flavored vodka. The other (strange) martini that I have made is called a "French Martini" with Chambord and gin and some other stuff. Interesting also.

guenron said:
Here's a place that has a pretty straight forward Godiva Chocolate Martini. Most others that I've tried usually require vanilla-flavored vodka. The other (strange) martini that I have made is called a "French Martini" with Chambord and gin and some other stuff. Interesting also.
Doh, BLOCKED! Maybe I shouldn't look at alcohol stuff while I am at work.....

Any chance of someone copying it and posting it to this thread?

AACJ said:
Doh, BLOCKED! Maybe I shouldn't look at alcohol stuff while I am at work.....

Any chance of someone copying it and posting it to this thread?
1 1/2 shots Godiva® chocolate liqueur
1 1/2 shots creme de cacao
1/2 shot vodka <=I use a full shot
2 1/2 shots half-and-half

Method
Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake and pour into a chilled cocktail glass (Martini stem)

guenron said:
1 1/2 shots Godiva® chocolate liqueur
1 1/2 shots creme de cacao
1/2 shot vodka <=I use a full shot
2 1/2 shots half-and-half

Method
Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake and pour into a chilled cocktail glass (Martini stem)

Shaken not stirred?!

Thanks Ron, I knew I could count on you!!

Just talked to the wife to send her to the ABC store and get the creme de cacao and chocolate liqueur.

Has anyone ever heard of a bushwacker (no pun intended)? I had them in Pensacola, tastes like a chocolate shake but will mess you up!!

Not feeling well, so I decided a Manhattan on the rocks was good medicine. Hoping it will kill the germs in the back of my throat.

Double shot Makers Mark bourbon
Scant 3/4 shot Noilly Prat Sweet Vermouth
3 shakes of Angustora bitters
Shaken over 6 fresh ice cubes
Poured over 4 fresh ice cubes and 2 long stemmed marascino cherries.

Whadda you know, I feel better after all :biggrin:

Scotto said:
Not feeling well, so I decided a Manhattan on the rocks was good medicine. Hoping it will kill the germs in the back of my throat.

Double shot Makers Mark bourbon
Scant 3/4 shot Noilly Prat Sweet Vermouth
3 shakes of Angustora bitters
Shaken over 6 fresh ice cubes
Poured over 4 fresh ice cubes and 2 long stemmed marascino cherries.

Whadda you know, I feel better after all :biggrin:
Obviously the medicinal powers of the stems. :cursing: I'm glad you feel better anyway. :smile:

AACJ said:
Shaken not stirred?!

Thanks Ron, I knew I could count on you!!

Just talked to the wife to send her to the ABC store and get the creme de cacao and chocolate liqueur.

Has anyone ever heard of a bushwacker (no pun intended)? I had them in Pensacola, tastes like a chocolate shake but will mess you up!!
Hey Art,
Is she hooked on phonics too? :smile:
As they say in Italy, "Ala Salut!"

Top Bottom