What's new

Indulgence of the Night 9/19 - 9/25

About to sit down to a snifter of Laphroig 15 year old single malt scotch while watching My Favorite Year on DVD. Of course, I'll keep the bottle close at hand for refills....

AACJ said:
What about blue cheese stuffed olives?
Sorry, we do not have such (girly man) gourmet delights in OK. Now if you would like some funnel cake, or a chicken fried steak, we can handle that! :drool:

guenron said:
Sorry, we do not have such (girly man) gourmet delights in OK. Now if you would like some funnel cake, or a chicken fried steak, we can handle that! :drool:

The Virginia State Fair is in town for the next two weeks....I think I have a good supply of funnel cakes, chicken fried steak, polish/italian sausage, fried corn, beef jerky, turkey legs, corn dogs, popcorn, salmonella, pizza.....lets see, anything else?

Hey Art,
Sal Monella, is he that new Italian singer, or didja' type it right and are just having pink catfish? :crazy:

AACJ said:
The Virginia State Fair is in town for the next two weeks....I think I have a good supply of funnel cakes, chicken fried steak, polish/italian sausage, fried corn, beef jerky, turkey legs, corn dogs, popcorn, salmonella, pizza.....lets see, anything else?
Does your fair have deep fried twinkies/oreos? If so, I'd have to recommend a deep fried twinkie and or deep fried oreos. I've had exactly one of each in my life, and don't plan on having any more, but it's an experience worth indulging in once (even if it does shave 5 years off your life).

-Nick

Nick said:
Does your fair have deep fried twinkies/oreos? If so, I'd have to recommend a deep fried twinkie and or deep fried oreos. I've had exactly one of each in my life, and don't plan on having any more, but it's an experience worth indulging in once (even if it does shave 5 years off your life).

-Nick
That sounds pretty good! I think I saw that on Food Network, I'll report back, we are planning on going Monday night.

Anyone watch the President's Cup? I decided the tension was too great not to be met by something good. Well at least the Internationals put on a really good show. Tonight's relaxation before dinner:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I too was watching the presidents cup, as I whipped up a bunch of black bean and corn quesadillas.

After dinner, a glass of Grahams "Six Grapes" port. Now that the cooler weather is approaching, I will have to dust off my port and sherry collection....

Top Bottom