What's new

Indulgence of the Night 8/28 - 9/3

Share that great drink, smoke, etc. here. Let's not forget breakfast, either!

This morning I had a hot, toasted English Muffin with White Chocolate Peanut Butter from Peanut Butter & Company. Just awesome with a good cup of tea.

Sunday dinner, I prepared for my wife and I:

Caprese salad with fresh field tomatoes, basil and Buffalo Mozzarella drizzled with a fine olive oil and aged balsamic
Thick cut Rib Steaks,(marinated for an hour in a little beer, Wostershire sauce, crushed garlic and cracked pepper) perfectly grilled to medium rare
Fresh Corn on the Cob
Grilled yellow Zuchini

accompanied by a very pleasant bottle of Costieres de Nimes (2003 Chateau d'Or et de Gueules).

I spent about 3 hours yesterday smoking 2 full racks of Rendezvous style baby back ribs in my ceramic Grill Dome. Besides that, we had a dozen ears of fresh sweet corn on the cob bought yesterday morning right off the back of the farmer's pickup truck and shucked minutes before boiling. To top it all off we had tomato salad from our own tomatoes, freshly picked and marinated in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

It just doesn't get any better than that. I thought I was going to explode:drool:

Cup of Mexican Chiapas Coffee and an Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Natural Wrapper. Ordered some coffee from our fellow B&Ber DJ. The Mexican Chiapas is the first one I have tried...very well balanced and smooth. Looking forward to the others as well...

boboakalfb said:
Cup of Mexican Chiapas Coffee and an Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Natural Wrapper. Ordered some coffee from our fellow B&Ber DJ. The Mexican Chiapas is the first one I have tried...very well balanced and smooth. Looking forward to the others as well...
A coffee..and a cigar lover, your a man after my own heart.
Cheers, DJ.
Ps. let me know what you think of the Harrar and the Sumatra.

It has been cold and rainy here for the past few days. Time for something braised. First I whipped up a batch of polenta. Then I poured that into a loaf pan and let it set up. Then it was sliced and sauteed until golden brown in a bit of butter and olive oil, and used for a base for my legendary Chicken Cacciatore with sage and portobella mushrooms. The secret to the wine-infused chicken masterpiece? A piece of Parmesano Reggiano cheese rind I had lying about. Into the pot it went. Don't throw away those beauties - they have great flavor, and at $19.99 a pound you don't want to waste anything.

Oh, and don't forget the side dish of fresh spinach, sauteed in olive oil and ridiculous amounts of garlic slices. :drool:

Scotto said:
It has been cold and rainy here for the past few days. Time for something braised. First I whipped up a batch of polenta. Then I poured that into a loaf pan and let it set up. Then it was sliced and sauteed until golden brown in a bit of butter and olive oil, and used for a base for my legendary Chicken Cacciatore with sage and portobella mushrooms. The secret to the wine-infused chicken masterpiece? A piece of Parmesano Reggiano cheese rind I had lying about. Into the pot it went. Don't throw away those beauties - they have great flavor, and at $19.99 a pound you don't want to waste anything.

Oh, and don't forget the side dish of fresh spinach, sauteed in olive oil and ridiculous amounts of garlic slices. :drool:
:drool: That sounds great...I agree with you on the rind...its a great addition when making minestrone and lentil soups as well...

Real *** day at work. So it was Manhattan night....
attachment.php

Two hefty shots Makers Mark
Scant shot Noilly Prat sweet vermouth
2 dashes Angustora bitters
Shaken over 8 fresh ice cubes
Served with 2 long stemmed maraschino cherries.

Mix, drink, repeat

An evening shower with a long hot shower, hot TOBS Lime from my moss scuttle, a fresh Derby and the most absolute face irritation of the past month since I put the TOBS under the counter. :eek: :mad3: :blink: :mad: :sneaky2: :angry: :cursing: :18: :behead: :a31:

A month ago I thought it was my technique, but nope, this stuff is anathema to my face for real. So much for second chances on this one. *punt!*

I'm following up with an attempt to restore my spirits with a glass of Grey Goose w/ lime and a Gurka cigar.

Hi ho hi ho off to put on another slather of A/S balm.

Scotto said:
Real *** day at work. So it was Manhattan night....
attachment.php

Two hefty shots Makers Mark
Scant shot Noilly Prat sweet vermouth
2 dashes Angustora bitters
Shaken over 8 fresh ice cubes
Served with 2 long stemmed maraschino cherries.

Mix, drink, repeat
AHHH yes...the real deal Manhattan( with bitters ) I find most people don't realize that a proper Manhattan has BITTERS in it! Good job Scotto.:thumbup1:
Cheers, DJ.

I just can't escape my southern tendencies...

Fried Chicken
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Collard Greens with Peppered Jowls and Vinegar
Corn Muffins with Apple Butter
Strawberry Shortcake for dessert

Local Blackberry Wine

Cheers,
Shane

Still at work what with being on the west coast and all. This is what waits for me at home. Pure, simple, soothing.

Ok...so I had a couple friends over for dinner last night...

Arugala Salad with olive oil and lemon...shaved Parmeggiano Reggiano
BBQ'd Tri Tip
Gnocchi with Homemade Pesto
Broccoli sauteed with olive oil, garlic and red chile flakes
Couple bottles of David Bruce Pinot Noir

mmm...mmm...mmm...

Shane said:
I just can't escape my southern tendencies...

Fried Chicken
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Collard Greens with Peppered Jowls and Vinegar
Corn Muffins with Apple Butter
Strawberry Shortcake for dessert

Local Blackberry Wine

Cheers,
Shane

Man! That sounds good...

When I was living in Ghana, we had a Nigerian cook... that woman could cook up some awesome fried chicken...

Tonight it was pork medallions, seared to perfection and served with a maple&grainy mustard sauce with caramelized onions. On the side I had the last of the corn from my garden; 10 minutes from plant to table - nothing on earth like it.

When the kiddies went to bed - a pipeful of Pease Blackpoint. Heaven.

Grilled flank steak with Cowboy spice rub, with Hungarian wax peppers stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, parmesan and mozzarella, then sauteed in olive oil with garlic, and a "mock" tabbouleh of cukes, tomatos, radishes, herbs, feta and sunflower seeds, dressed with olive oil and red wine vinegar.

hello scott,

would you mind sharing your chicken cacciatore recipe.

thanks,
mike

Scotto said:

Top Bottom