What's new

Indulgence of the Night 8/14 - 8/20

OK, folks, let's hear about your great drinks, meals, smokes, whatever this week. I am away on business for a few days, so you need to take up the slack while I am gone.

Scotto,

I am SO glad you posted the full name this time... I had been trying to break the IOTN code for a few weeks now.

Ok, so I ate at a place called Mayuri yesterday. It's an Indian buffet that is spectacular. It's not uncommon for me to be the only non-Indian eating there. They have great dishes and spice their food in the traditional fashion... ie they don't tone things down for western palates.

It's at Westheimer and Fountain View behind Joe's Golf for you Houstonians.

Its on the grill right now. . .

Wild Pacific sockeye salmon filet, basted in mayonnaise and topped with a slurry of lemon zest and juice, olive oil, garlic, and chopped rosemary and thyme from the garden--accompanied by sauteed broccoli with lemon and garlic.

Should be gooooood!

Ok, this was really last night, but hey.

Took my honey down to Soho, for dinner at a tiny little Cuban place, which turned out to be fantastic. Best sangria i've ever had, just for starters. Followed by a fantastic dish of poblano pepper stuffed with shrimp, calamari, chipotle mayo, and queso fresco. Sounds heavy, but it wasn't. It was fantastic. Absolutely perfect job of cooking the seafood, which was refreshing. After a long walk home, Haagen Daz vanilla with toasted almonds and her secret bittersweet fudge sauce, made with Scharffenberger.

That was a good night....

A simple dinner on the patio followed by a Saint Luis Ray Toro and a big mug of Aribica coffee in my lounge chair watching the corkscrew willow blow in the gentle southwest breeze ......heaven.

Dinder1 said:
A Cohiba Robusto ( habano ) and a nice glass of port.:biggrin:
Cheers, DJ.

Yum @ Cohiba.

Sadly I can't afford both a cigar addiction and a shaving addiction at the same time. Stupid kids ruin everything. :wink2:

any pipe smokers in the group?

my preference.
peach melba from tinderbox a tad on the moist side but not so much as to cause problems keeping it lit. always smokes cool and dry with a wonderful smell and flavor.

matthew

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
moses said:
Ok, this was really last night, but hey.

Took my honey down to Soho, for dinner at a tiny little Cuban place, which turned out to be fantastic. Best sangria i've ever had, just for starters. Followed by a fantastic dish of poblano pepper stuffed with shrimp, calamari, chipotle mayo, and queso fresco. Sounds heavy, but it wasn't. It was fantastic. Absolutely perfect job of cooking the seafood, which was refreshing. After a long walk home, Haagen Daz vanilla with toasted almonds and her secret bittersweet fudge sauce, made with Scharffenberger.

That was a good night....

How long have you been posting here that you think you can get away without providing the name of the place?:biggrin:

That sounded great.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Last night I cooked five pounds of mussels- steamed in garlic, shallot, white wine, then reduced the sauce with saffron and butter.

They didn't last long enough to photograph.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
A wonderful dinner of wild game and a quite nice and spicy after dinner Monticristo Jambo-Jambo and a big mug of Blue Mountian.....Delightful!:biggrin:

tonight it was an ice cold Dominion Brewing (VA microbrew) Oak Barrel Stout, a 14-ounce New York Strip steak with Vidalia onion rings, steamed cauliflower and Redskin mashed potatoes.

and for dessert...black forest cake.

Cheers,

Shane

Top Bottom