What's new

Indulgence of the Night 11/07 - 11/13

full

A treat for me after OU managed to defeat Texas A&M. Also to soothe my nerves after the second half..

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you please email me about 3 fingers of that!!!

Randy

(Yeah, I know I've opened the door for something here!)

Tonight was dinner with the neighbors. The indulgences were:

Far Niente 2003 Chardonnay
Cakebread 2000 Cabernet Sauvignon
Gallo of Sonoma 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon
Chateau Souverain 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon
John Power's Irish Whiskey

full

Half of the Gallo went into the dutch oven with the roast, but the rest was enjoyed afterwards. The Far Niente was crisp and smooth, it went great with some Brie and Crackers, and the occasional wedge of apple. The Cakebread was able to handle the rich, robust rosemary/thyme/garlic flavors of the gravy, as well as the roast itself (nothing like simmering meat so long that it falls apart as soon as it sees a fork), Cakebread is a great Cab. The Gallo and Souverain were tasty for the price, but nothing to write home about. The Powers remains my go to whiskey whenever I need to zest up my coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:
rtaylor61 said:
Would you please email me about 3 fingers of that!!!

Randy

(Yeah, I know I've opened the door for something here!)
Not a bad idea.. Unfortunately, there is a Federal issue here..

rtaylor61 said:
Ron,

I'm jealous of the Macallan...not available here in Utah!

Randy
Randy,
If it wasn't such a hastle with the law, I would be happy to send a bottle or a case.:w00t: I guess Utah is just not the place to look for uisge beatha.

Ron,

I stopped by the liquor store tonight...they have McClellans, but no Macallans! I asked about special orders...only by the case! Yeah, mortgage the house, uh, they won't mortgage my apartment! Well, I'll be in Texas in a week, maybe I will try to mail myself a bottle! In the meantime, enjoy a few for me!

Randy

Top Bottom