What's new

Indulgence of the Night 10/24 thru 10/30

Sorry Ron, had to beat you to it. :biggrin:

Tonight I've still got a job to do, so to keep things from getting too out of hand, I'm working on some coffee with a splash (or 5) of John Power & Son's Irish Whiskey.

full

-Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings Nick,
That certainly looks good:drool: , but I did not even touch a drop on Monday evening..:bored:
While we are at it, over the years I have preferred Tulimore Dew, Jamisons, and Old Bushmills; please tell me about Powers Gold.

Ron,

I think dollar for dollar, Irish Whiskey is some of the smoothest, most consistent, best tasting whiskey out there. I absolutely love all of the Whiskies you mentioned (James and Tullamore being at the top of the list). The majority of the distilleries in Ireland are owned by one company, Irish Distillers Ltd. Jameson's, Bushmill and Powers are owned by Irish Distillers Ltd, along with Middleton Very Rare and Paddy's, which they say is what the Irish actually drink (that, along with Powers). I believe it, because I can't for the life of me find any Paddy's on this side of the pond. Paddy is good, but it's not like it's leaps and bounds above James, or Bush. Tullamore Dew is owned by C&C Group Plc.

If you like Irish (and you do), you'll likely enjoy Powers. It is inexpensive like the others (save for Middleton). It's a little peppery, which gives it a robustness that's perfect for coffee. Don't get me wrong though, it's still very smooth and tasty neat. If you've got a bevmo close by, you might want to check it out. :thumbup1:

-Nick

Thanks Nick.. Well as "Every man has his dew," I have my Bombay Sapphire (with Noilly Prat and two Mario Pimento-Stuffed Olives) on the rocks tonight. No less than 25K damage to my "RETIREMENT" place in FL. :scared: Think I'll have another two or three....:sad:

Yikes, Dr. Nick says better make those doubles!

For lunch I had a Ketel One bloody mary (it was still technically morning), and a (gasp) vodka martini.

Later tonight I'm thinking of whisky.

-Nick

Tonight is some frightfully delicious Jefferson's Reserve (neat).

full

full

Rumor has it, the guy in the picture is Jefferson himself (straight from Monticello). :scared:

-Nick

Well apparently, if the tag on the back of his jaw is any indication, his dentures were made in China.

-Nick

Well it was a Bombay Sapphire Martini with Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth, six to one, with two pimento-stuffed olives on the rocks. Two small bowls of Hapi Crackers with additional waisabi peas.:w00t:

I have found my new best freind with just a splash of cran on the rocks....yum yum. Dont worry Ron im still drinking the martini's as well:tongue_sm

Nick said:
Tonight is some frightfully delicious Jefferson's Reserve (neat).

full

full

Rumor has it, the guy in the picture is Jefferson himself (straight from Monticello). :scared:

-Nick

I just noticed that this Jefferson's Reserve whiskey is Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey and it has a picture of Monticello on the bottle.

But Monticello is located in Virginia, how ironic!

Top Bottom