What's new

Indulgence of the Night 10/17 thru 10/23

Bombay Sapphire with Noilly Prat Martini on the Rocks with two pimento-stuffed olives
Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts on the side

Ah! A bit of a late report. Old Grandad,Martini and Rossi Sweet Vermouth, Agnostura Bitters, and garnished with two long-stemmed maraschino cherries after being gently shaken over 4 fresh ice cubes.
Spilled the Hapi Crackers! Argh the humanity of it all! :crying:

:em2300: Stoly Gibson on the rocks, with Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth and two Ritz de Paris Escoffier Onions..
No snacks tonight...

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Grandad, Cinzano Sweet Vermouth, Agnostura Bitters, and garnished with two long-stemmed maraschino cherries after being gently shaken over 4 fresh ice cubes. :smile: Change of pace with the slightly drier Cinzano vice the Martini & Rossi.

Old Grandad Bourbon, Martini & Rossi Sweet Vermouth, Agnostura Bitters, garnished with two long-stemmed maraschino cherries over 4 fresh ice cubes. Small bowl of Hapi Assorted Crackers too. :a26:
full
My buddy the cat is requiring me to replay this pic. Any Hollywood producers looking? He says he has a great jaw line! :001_smile

Last edited by a moderator:
Cliff said:
How was the cat cooked? Did you have it with a nice Chianti?
My buddy the cat graduated from Cordon Bleu where he learned to cook in the French Style Nouveau. He would never use Chianti, Puleeeze! :biggrin:

Tonight was vodka tonics (because I ran out of gin). I just couldn't make myself shake a vodkatini. Call me a purist (PURIST!) but martinis are supposed to have gin. :rolleyes:

designwise1 said:
Tonight was vodka tonics (because I ran out of gin). I just couldn't make myself shake a vodkatini. Call me a purist (PURIST!) but martinis are supposed to have gin. :rolleyes:
I know what you mean, I like them both, my wife likes Chocolate Martinis and can't stand the original or the vodkatini.

You say you are a purist? What amount of Vermouth do you put in your Martinis? I have heard both sides say either equal amounts of Vermouth/Gin or no Vermouth at all....wondering your thoughts......even yours too Ron. I know you are going to chime in here.....

Uh oh. This is like Macs vs. PCs.

The ratio is 5 to 1. Vermouth MUST be in a martini. All that bowing toward France stuff and passing the bottle over the top without adding any just makes your drink a chilled gin.
Since I'm a purist I also add a dash of orange bitters.:rolleyes:
I order bitters by the case so if anyone needs any Fee Bros. let me know...

Gerald

Top Bottom