What's new

Indian shaving creams reviews

ANybody ever try the Pakistani creams at all?

I've seen stuff like Admiral, Touchme, Jolly, 007 etc..

Yes. Here's a list of some Pakistani creams I've had in the past:

Admiral (not bad)
Touchme (fair to middling)
Jolly (probably the best of them all)
Viceroy (pretty good)
Gypsy (nice scent, menthol cooling, good lather, but drying)
Samsol (nice scent, good lather, no real skincare)
Berg (atrocious scent, good lather, no real skincare)
007 (ok, but nothing sensational)
Omega (nothing to do with the Italian one. I think it's lousy)
Medicam (decent)

With respect to Pakistan and to any Pakistani members here I find that her creams fall short of the quality needed, especially in the skincare aspect. These creams appear to lather and do the job, but nothing else. To me, Jolly and Medicam are the only two I'd consider buying again if I could get them but I'd still any time take an Indian cream over them.

I've used Tibet and Kool Monsoon and Kool Frosty. All three are very good and extremely cheap in Bangladesh. Most barbershops over there use these creams to shave their customers, from what I've been told.

I managed to find Dettol for $2.99 at my local ethnic store. To me, this seems to be the best deal because it's in the US+no shipping.

I'm not sure if this stuff is better than Godrej.
But I noticed it makes enough lather for 3 passes with very little cream. It just spreads with water

Anybody tried this. It is four dollars a tube and the instructions say to use a brush, so it is not brushless.
I have and quite like it. My guess is that the strong turmeric smell is love or hate (I love it, it's a combination of exotic plus Indian herb store to me). Performance is excellent. There's a sandalwood version that I wasn't able to find but would love to. If you visit the Vicco Labs site it seems they've updated the packaging, for some reason...

What would be your top 3 Indian creams?

I like the Dettol Fresh as the best one followed by the red Godrej.

My reasons for Dettol is that I don't need as much product to make lather. And it also doesn't have parabens

No. I haven't tried the Axe creams.

In the US, the most common cream I've found is Dettol. After that it's Old Spice. There was one ethnic store carrying the Red Godrej too.

But for under $5, I can't complain

The Yardley's Elegance shave cream I picked up during my last trip to India is available via Amazon. I'm not crazy about the scent and was about to give up on it; but it really does give a great shave (has silicon in it, it seems) and I use it to shave my head. Very smooth and good skin-feel afterwards. It's $8 online. Viccos is also on Amazon US for about $7, and while the scent may be polarizing, and the photo on the box a bit off-putting, it's a great cream.

I think that might be the only downside about Yardley creams. They smell very cologne-like.

But most of these indian creams seem good enough to use with a Straight

The Yardley's Elegance shave cream I picked up during my last trip to India is available via Amazon. I'm not crazy about the scent and was about to give up on it; but it really does give a great shave (has silicon in it, it seems) and I use it to shave my head. Very smooth and good skin-feel afterwards. It's $8 online. Viccos is also on Amazon US for about $7, and while the scent may be polarizing, and the photo on the box a bit off-putting, it's a great cream.

Man, you aren't kidding about the photo lol.

Man, you aren't kidding about the photo lol.
They changed packaging for the sandalwood version but it's hard to locate except in bulk through their online store.
proxy.php

I know axe makes creams and after shaves in india. Have you tried any of those?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I've tried the AXE after shaves like pulse and temptation and I like them for its healing properties and scent. I might have a tube of AXE around but I haven't tried it yet?

Top Bottom