What's new

independent alternative to AOS unscented

hi there. having gone thru dozen of shaving creams over the years i find myself coming back to Art of Shaving unscented. The scent, texture and degree of moisturizing has been great for me. But i'd like to support some of the smaller shaving cream companies. Does anybody have suggestion for an alternative? TIA

piggybacking on my own post. the other question i wanted to ask was if there's a reasonably prcied alternative to the Musgo Real classic cream. I loved the original formula/scent andn know it has changed. I was going to order a tube but find the new price too much for something I am just testing out, plus the fact that people don't seem to like it as much. Anyway, anybody have a similar cream? Couldn't find anything thru the search function. thanks.

you might like institut karite shave cream.
not really cheap but not that expensive either.

institut karite art of shaving dorko penhaligon opus november 16 2017.jpg

Thanks but the reviews of the Istitut Karite are mixed and that's more than i want to spend on a test case.

Finally got a sample of the WSP barbershop (they don't have a sample of the unscented). I did a test shave with AOS on half my face and the WSP on the other. While the WSP was pretty good, they shave wasn't quite as smooth nor did my face feel as moisturized. Just my experience. Also, the WSP is almost a "croap". It didn't lather very readily from the tub onto the brush and def took more work than the AOS.

Have tried DR and TOBS in the past. Didn't love them. Thanks for all the suggestions! The search continues.

Top Bottom