What's new

Indentify these razors?

Can you all help me indentify these razors (1-4). I think #3 is a Silver Aristocrat but the others I don't know. Thanks!

Rob

1. ???
2. Gillette English Tech probably aluminum handle.
3. Silver Aristocrat probably English as well but don't quote me.
4. Gillette English Tech as well same handle.

I will see about #1 for you but I believe the case is an earlier bakelite case so I will check the book later. Probably English made as well.

OK #3 is listed as a 1930's Aristocrat so it may be the US made one. You will have to check under the head for a country of origin. However with the other two I am 99% sure they are English made so the Aristocrat is probably also English. Too bad it doesn't have the pop up case that it probably came with originally.

I take it the seller is in the UK?

1. ???
2. Gillette English Tech probably aluminum handle.
3. Silver Aristocrat probably English as well but don't quote me.
4. Gillette English Tech as well same handle.

I will see about #1 for you but I believe the case is an earlier bakelite case so I will check the book later. Probably English made as well.

OK #3 is listed as a 1930's Aristocrat so it may be the US made one. You will have to check under the head for a country of origin. However with the other two I am 99% sure they are English made so the Aristocrat is probably also English. Too bad it doesn't have the pop up case that it probably came with originally.

I take it the seller is in the UK?

Yeah, that picture was from a UK ebay auction that ended early this morning. I was bidding on it last night, but it's hard to keep up when their money is worth 2X as mine :frown:

These are the additional images the seller sent me. He identified the razor in the case as a "Big Ben" (you can sort of make it out on the lid of the box)

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I don't know what it ended at but I am thinking a fair value for the whole lot would be in the $40-$50 range. Not necessarily a steal but a fair value on the lot. Of course it could spiral out of control and go through the roof. Ebay is like that.

#3 = I WANT!!!

Been looking for one of those for a while. Having trouble finding one. That one does look like it might be a bit worn, though. Hard to tell. I must admit, I would like it pretty minty.

-Mo

Top Bottom