What's new

Increasing Scent Complexity (shampoo edition)

So I love my scents. If I’m going to be honest with myself, scent rates right up there with effective in the old “how I rate shampoos rubric.” Fortunately, a good scent doesn’t compete with a soaps effectiveness, so we can indeed have both.

Right now, these are the three shampoos that I’m loving on:

2985186B-1481-4D7A-AC5B-8CBB3A558C55.jpeg

(Sorry for the HUGE freakin picture). Don’t mind the gel, shampooing, and soap labels on the bottom.

Each one of these soaps is fantastic in its own way, and I’ve “binged” on each. But that’s the thing. After I start binging, I notice the scents start to dissipate. It drives me nuts. Alas, such is life.

But for some reason, in the last year or so, I decided to rotate each shampoo every day (I wash my hair everyday). It was a revelation. It was like the scent came back on all of them!

I’m totally guessing here, but I figure because I’m changing the scent, the new scent seems more pronounced. Either way, it really helps me get back that thing I love which is enhanced scent. Give it a shot. Let me know if it works for you too, or if I’m just high (as usual). Or does everyone know this already?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
So I love my scents. If I’m going to be honest with myself, scent rates right up there with effective in the old “how I rate shampoos rubric.” Fortunately, a good scent doesn’t compete with a soaps effectiveness, so we can indeed have both.

Right now, these are the three shampoos that I’m loving on:

View attachment 1094123
(Sorry for the HUGE freakin picture). Don’t mind the gel, shampooing, and soap labels on the bottom.

Each one of these soaps is fantastic in its own way, and I’ve “binged” on each. But that’s the thing. After I start binging, I notice the scents start to dissipate. It drives me nuts. Alas, such is life.

But for some reason, in the last year or so, I decided to rotate each shampoo every day (I wash my hair everyday). It was a revelation. It was like the scent came back on all of them!

I’m totally guessing here, but I figure because I’m changing the scent, the new scent seems more pronounced. Either way, it really helps me get back that thing I love which is enhanced scent. Give it a shot. Let me know if it works for you too, or if I’m just high (as usual). Or does everyone know this already?

I would tend to agree with you...and this isn't just with shampoo, but with shave soap, aftershave and cologne. If you used the same ones every day for a long period of time, you would tend to notice that scent less. But if you rotate product, you will appreciate the scents of each much more when you use them. This has definitely been my experience as well.

Top Bottom