What's new

Increased lighting and security

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Got two cameras (Blink) out front. Bought a light/motion sensor/camera from Costco some time back. Had someone install it (I do not touch electric...) and I cannot get it working. After talking with the customer support of the maker (Feit) it looks that right there where the system is mounted is a black hole for my internet - and this is needed for the system to work....Even with out, the light does stay on for only 15 seconds, and the motion sensor does not work at all. Crap....guess I have the old light put back on.

So I upped my game huge on the security/automation front. Cameras outside front and back, controlled front door lock, controlled garage door, 3 glass breaks, 2 motion sensors, sensors at every door and window, camera in the garage, doorbell camera, wifi controlled lighting, and wifi controlled thermostat. Other stuff too. Best money I ever spent. I may have bought a bunch of other things as well, and may have registered in a “fast burn” self defence course, along with slower burn martial arts training. I might have done a bunch of other things too 😉

Have three Lorex cameras from way back supplemented with three newer Ring cameras we can access from anywhere.

Got the dog too, but the most effective technique is living where vandalism, theft and burglary is uncommon (which is not necessarily a wealthy neighborhood).

Top Bottom