What's new

Inconsistent Astra blades

Interesting to see this thread. I know that Astras have a lot of love on B&B but they have never been in my top tier of blades. I don't find them as sharp or smooth as many other blades.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
This may explain why I didn’t like them, while others raved about them. I may have even had a batch in which the lettering fell right off. It’s been some years now and I can’t remember exactly which ones had the lettering problem, might have even been Red Personna. However, one thing I remember very clearly, is that I was NOT a fan of the Astras that I used.

The old ones were stamped and the new ones are supposed to be etched...that was the supposition on several threads, never saw an official confirmation anywhere though (but perhaps I just missed it).

geofatboy has a YouTube video about this from back May. All Astra blades are no longer printed on with ink, all blades are laser etched on one side with the Astra logo and the sides are no longer numbered. Laser etching makes counterfeiting much harder, I guess there were some reports of counterfeit Astra's showing up on the market in the past.

geofatboy has a YouTube video about this from back May. All Astra blades are no longer printed on with ink, all blades are laser etched on one side with the Astra logo and the sides are no longer numbered. Laser etching makes counterfeiting much harder, I guess there were some reports of counterfeit Astra's showing up on the market in the past.

Thank-you for that. All I had heard till now were suppositions.

The guy seems like a trusted vendor, so probably didn't pull the info out of thin air.

here is the video:

Thank-you for that. All I had heard till now were suppositions.

The guy seems like a trusted vendor, so probably didn't pull the info out of thin air.

here is the video:

Not that I don't appreciate the information but videos like this drive me nuts. He spent three minutes talking in order to share the same amount of information I could have read in fifteen seconds.

Top Bottom