What's new

Incoming!

Picked up some Cokin P (knockoffs) filters recently on eBay, which arrived today.

12 graduated and 12 colour, included both filter pouches.

$DSC_0046.jpg

Also ordered another filter holder/adapter ring set, as the Nikkor lens has a smaller thread than my fuji.

:bored: Curious to see how the hold up, optically.

Is the holder the right size to take Cokin or Lee filters?

They are apparently the same size as the genuine Cokin P filters, but I don't have a genuine one to try, as my other ones are "copies" too.

Here is the filter holder on my fuji (as I don't yet have a ring for the Nikon)

Not sure if the optical quality is the same as a genuine filter, but seems to do ok for what I want to do, not sure if they would hold up to a professional level....

Photo below was taken in RAW with a blue graduated filter, no photoshop adjustments, except for JPG conversion and size reduction.

Legion

Staff member
OK, cool. I've never tried those, but have played with Cokin a bit. Let me know if you want to try a Cokin as a side by side comparison. But, as you say, those ones are doing the job. Good score.

Going to pick up a Fuji 35/1.4 lens today. Now that the f/2 is very close to introduction, the local price on the f/1.4 is very good!

Picked up a Nikon 50mm 1.8 D lens a couple of days ago, it was really really cheap so I grabbed it!!
I have had a couple of these now, I seem to really enjoy them for a while then they sit in my bag for ages!
$50mm4.JPG

I picked up the 35 mm lens during the Nikon "sale."
Was that the newer G lens in the sale? I was looking at those, they seem to be one of the best lenses for the money, although I seem to use small primes for a while then go back to a zoom, I have my Tamron 24-70 2.8 bolted to my Nikon most of the time!

Was that the newer G lens in the sale? I was looking at those, they seem to be one of the best lenses for the money, although I seem to use small primes for a while then go back to a zoom, I have my Tamron 24-70 2.8 bolted to my Nikon most of the time!
proxy.php

Got it for $199.95 less 10% discount. It's a Christmas present so I haven't used it yet. AF-DX 1.8G.

proxy.php

Got it for $199.95 less 10% discount. It's a Christmas present so I haven't used it yet. AF-DX 1.8G.

I have the older 'D' model
$50mm2.JPG
Still practicing my product shots as you can see:biggrin1:

It's still a nice lens but the newer 'G' seemed a little sharper when I borrowed a friends 50mm G for a week.

Picked up a Nikon 50mm 1.8 D lens a couple of days ago, it was really really cheap so I grabbed it!!
I have had a couple of these now, I seem to really enjoy them for a while then they sit in my bag for ages!
View attachment 617351

Which camera body do you use it on, Warren?

I have 3 50mm Nikkor lenses... 1.2 AiS, 1.4 AF and 1.8 AiS and they are all great.

Which camera body do you use it on, Warren?

I have 3 50mm Nikkor lenses... 1.2 AiS, 1.4 AF and 1.8 AiS and they are all great.

I use it on a D800, got some really nice shots with the 50mm 1.8 D, I just find myself using the 24-70 more.

Have tried the RL48 a couple of times - still life macro and portraits.

The light isn't the most powerful, probably 1-1/2 stops above ambient, so does require a reasonable iso for keeping speed up. It's soft and with the included gels, colour controllable too. It's a quicker set up than my flash gun and as I can see where the shadows fall, it's very easy to use. I'll post examples as I build up a gallery using it.

Carl

Forgot to post in here. My wife got me the Peak Design Slide for Christmas. After our month long trip to the UK, we both agreed that the factory strap on the D750 is bloody horrible. The Peak Design Slide is amazing. Highly recommended!

Cheers,

M.

Top Bottom