What's new

Incoming!

That d800 is a beauty! I was tempted by the 850 but it’s way more camera than I need. I have a d750 that I've been thinking about trading in for the new Nikon z.

Lens ball arrived today. It’s pretty fun.
A687261F-C67A-49CF-AF7E-D260A165F4E7.jpeg

Legion

Staff member
That d800 is a beauty! I was tempted by the 850 but it’s way more camera than I need. I have a d750 that I've been thinking about trading in for the new Nikon z.
To be honest, I would probably not bother with the trade. The IQ of the z6 vs the d750 is negligible, as is the weight, once lenses are attached. If you were starting from scratch, sure, consider the mirrorless. But I wouldn’t eat the cost to go Nikon FF slr to mirrorless. Same with Canon.

Imo, if you want to get the best IQ vs weight and size, Fuji. Otherwise, just stick with a FF dslr

New camera today. Goodbye Sony A7ii. Hello Sony A7iii.

AF is astronomically improved, dynamic range too. Can't wait to work on portrait shoots now!

CAJ00002-copy.jpg
CAJ00003-copy.jpg

To be honest, I would probably not bother with the trade. The IQ of the z6 vs the d750 is negligible, as is the weight, once lenses are attached. If you were starting from scratch, sure, consider the mirrorless. But I wouldn’t eat the cost to go Nikon FF slr to mirrorless. Same with Canon.

Imo, if you want to get the best IQ vs weight and size, Fuji. Otherwise, just stick with a FF dslr
Kinda my thoughts. Mirrorless is tempting but the image quality and lenses I can use with the D750 is just something I don’t want to give up.

Just pulled the trigger on my first nifty fifty, well the M4/3 equivalent anyway, Panasonic 25mm f1.7.

Legion

Staff member
That's kind of cool. I remember my father had one similar, and I think he might have given it to my brother. No idea what happened to it after that...

Yeah looking forward to it arriving.
I had a nikon f5 and f100 combo but sold them a few years back.
They needed some tlc and didn’t want to spend the cash to fix them. In hindsight I could have kept them as is and still used them for a while.

Minolta CL came the other day. Had to wait for today until the Minolta 40mm f2 came in also.
First snow of the season today so perfect day to test out the new camera.
A1E73748-D829-48D6-97BD-586DCD7C80C2.jpeg

Very nice - I love the old cameras.

I picked this one up at the post office today.
I have been wanting a P&S for a while, but being a miser and wanting the best for nothing, it is hard to find a compromise :001_tongu
After reading some reviews of different cameras and looking at prices, I had my eyes on the Sony RX100 M3, but after some research, I found a UK dealer, where I could get the mark 4 for the same price the mark 3 costs here in Denmark, so it was a no brainer - ordered (while the UK still is a part of EU :wink:).

Sony RX100 IV
proxy.php

My first impression is positive. I am surprised of the (high) weight, giving an impression of a very well build camera.
I really like the size, and although I agree with some reviews, that the buttons are on the small side, when I get to know the camera better, I am sure it isn't a big deal.

Legion

Staff member
Very nice - I love the old cameras.

I picked this one up at the post office today.
I have been wanting a P&S for a while, but being a miser and wanting the best for nothing, it is hard to find a compromise :001_tongu
After reading some reviews of different cameras and looking at prices, I had my eyes on the Sony RX100 M3, but after some research, I found a UK dealer, where I could get the mark 4 for the same price the mark 3 costs here in Denmark, so it was a no brainer - ordered (while the UK still is a part of EU :wink:).

Sony RX100 IV
proxy.php

My first impression is positive. I am surprised of the (high) weight, giving an impression of a very well build camera.
I really like the size, and although I agree with some reviews, that the buttons are on the small side, when I get to know the camera better, I am sure it isn't a big deal.
Nice. I have a Mk III around here somewhere. Can you believe they are up to the Mk VII now? Sony update cameras at a ridiculous pace, so some great deals can be had on very capable older models.

Thank you Gents.

Yes, and in one of the reviews I read they said the Mk III was still a pretty good camera. I think it was a review where they had compared from Mk III to Mk VI.
I just wanted a no-fuss camera I can take with me, when I think the DSLT is too much of a hassle to bring.
I hope for decent weather in the coming weekend, so I can take it out for a little test run.

Just bought this Centon 500mm F8 Mirror Lens T2 Mount to see what they are like and it was cheap

1.jpg
2.jpg

Plus this to go with it Walimex 2x converter

5.jpg

Awesome! I almost bought the sigma mirror 600. Let us know how it is. I’m really interested to hear your results.

Not a huge purchase but I bought this book this morning. Saw it as I was waiting to check out at the store. So far it’s really interesting. For sure something to pick up if you see it!

image.jpg

Not a huge purchase but I bought this book this morning. Saw it as I was waiting to check out at the store. So far it’s really interesting. For sure something to pick up if you see it!

View attachment 1037037

Sir Basil, so happy to see folks are still buying and enjoying hard-copy photo books!!

These are certainly legendary images!!

I've been spending a couple years simply working to give away my extensive photo book/magazine library!

Top Bottom