What's new

Incoming!

I got a new speed light and trigger for my camera. I really lucked into a deal on Amazon. I found a seller who had the two bundled at a discount and on top of that had they an instant coupon code. I won't even say how cheap I got this, but it was a steal for sure, and to top it all off it even showed up early! :001_smile
P1070602.JPG

Legion

Staff member
477BBB4A-1FDF-4B9D-9517-664EDE8C1692.jpeg
Picked up one of these little booger’s today. I’m not a video guy, but they are a crazy bit of pint sized tech. Now I just need to learn how to use it.

DJI Osmo Pocket.

Legion

Staff member
Another day, another camera bag.

This time I got a Crumpler Kingpin 8000. Seems like a well thought out EDC/camera bag, and has room for one more lens than the small bags I currently have.

KP8000-001.tag.1.jpg

Nice, you'll put that to major use! Have a blast!
dave
Thanks Dave. I figured it was time to step up to a real macro, and from everything I've read this is the one to get for a micro 4/3 system. Should double as a slightly long portrait lens and a medium tele too.

My old trustworthy tripod, a Kenlock 2000 GLB, started "acting-up" in the locking mechanism of especially one of the legs, so I was beginning to think about getting a new one. At about the same time, I got a mail from the Gentleman behind Breakthrough Photography where I have bought some of my filters.
He had started a Kickstarter project manufacturing a new tripod and ball-head in both aluminium and titanium and was seeking backers. After taking a look at the project and the prototype, I backed the project for an aluminium/carbon-fibre tripod and an aluminium ball-head.
The success of backers has meant that the manufacturing procedure has taken longer for them than anticipated, but today I received my tripod/ball-head and I am very pleased and satisfied with the quality and the overall design of the tripod.
And it has been well worth the wait - "all good things comes to those who wait" :wink:

Tripod and Ball-head from Colorado Tripod Company:
Centennial tripod with spring activated adjustment of the legs, so it can be done with one hand. Legs of 10-layer Japanese carbon fibre. Included a column for centre attachment of the camera under the tripod.
Highline ball-head with patent pending drop window that allow a wide range motion beyond 90°.
proxy.php

I finally figured out that all of my NiMH AA cells were not going bad and refusing to take a full charge - it was my little Kodak pocket camera that was having issues. It got so bad that you could almost reset the date and time before it shut down again.

Today I picked up a Canon PowerShot ELPH 180.
Discount of 10% for being "open box", which paid for a 64 GB SD card for it. (Because not included.)
One of the things that attracted me to it was the ability to focus as close as 1 cm, so now my SOTD pix should improve, right?
proxy.php

proxy.php

The red version would have been nicer, but I could not find any in local brick & mortar stores.
proxy.php

I finally figured out that all of my NiMH AA cells were not going bad and refusing to take a full charge - it was my little Kodak pocket camera that was having issues. It got so bad that you could almost reset the date and time before it shut down again.

Today I picked up a Canon PowerShot ELPH 180.
Discount of 10% for being "open box", which paid for a 64 GB SD card for it. (Because not included.)
One of the things that attracted me to it was the ability to focus as close as 1 cm, so now my SOTD pix should improve, right?
proxy.php

proxy.php

The red version would have been nicer, but I could not find any in local brick & mortar stores.
proxy.php
Nice looks like it has a great zoom range, image stabilization, and a built in flash in a tiny package. Should be more than capable of razor pics and more! Congrats and happy shooting!

Nice looks like it has a great zoom range, image stabilization, and a built in flash in a tiny package. Should be more than capable of razor pics and more! Congrats and happy shooting!
AND ... After I got it home I realized that I can try out CHDK with it, for time-lapse photography.

Legion

Staff member
I’m being stay at home dad with our baby for the time being, which is nice. The downside is, if I need to do some pro photo work on the side, I can’t just borrow a camera from work for the weekend. And occasionally I do notice the limitations of the aps-c sensors in my personal Fuji system, mainly at events where the light is poor.

Sigh, I had to get an SLR again.

I didn’t want to spend the Earth, so I pulled some strings to get a deal on this lightly used Nikon d800e, 24-70 f2.8 kit. It will keep me going for now, though I am regretting that I sold so much of my old Nikon gear.

FE8AA9DC-DAA2-4C33-906D-03D8DF1EFAFB.jpeg

Top Bottom