What's new

In this thread we discuss Buc-ee's

Never been to one but one is currently under construction in Florence SC and is scheduled to be open around Christmas of this year.

I say "ROAD TRIP!"

Saw one on the way to San Antonio......generates too much traffic in that area....it is very large. Now I am lucky to have them around my town and that works better.....took away the weird curious crowd and is just a mega gas station with a large store inside. Good stuff

Wish I had one nearby. A friend of mine in Allen TX has one close. Got his kids all matching PJ'S for Christmas from Buc-ee's.

From watching too many YouTube vids I get the impression that some Buc-ee's locations are larger than others...that not all locations have all the features of the New Braunfels store.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
They have good jerky, cheap ice, clean and plentiful bathrooms, and other good qualities, but I typically avoid them. There's no such thing as "quick in and out" at a Buc-ee's if for no other reason than the traffic around the place. The last time I stopped at one (in Katy, Texas), it took us 10 minutes to get back on the highway after we got in the car and about that long to get inside after exiting the highway in the first place. The whole stop was well over 30 minutes, a good half of that just getting off and back on the highway.

Now, I don't mind longer stops. I drive a Tesla, so longer stops are SOP on a road trip, but I've learned that I'd rather relax and have a bite than to sit in a traffic jam in or around a parking lot.

One other good quality of Buc-ee's is that they raise the bar. Once a Buc-ee's opens, every place around them steps up their game, so you wind up with lots of good alternatives that are far less busy.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Went right by the one in Melissa, TX. today so I stopped in to take a few pics. for this illustrious thread.

1626137845607.png

1626138029329.png

1626138074722.png

1626138119854.png

1626138167121.png

1626138206461.png

1626138250602.png

1626138303425.png

Never heard of it, but I do go through Florence, SC several times a year.

I see there's also one in St Augustine and Daytona. I have spent a lot of time in that area.

Last edited:
Buc-ees is amazing. I'm kinda sad that they're not just a Texas thing anymore, but greatness should be shared, right? Hell, when friends come visit me, they request a special trip to the one that is about 30 minutes away from my house. It's definitely not a quick stop, though, that's for sure, but, they're definitely worth checking out if you're on a road trip. Get some cheap gas, some good food, decorate your whole flippin' house, clothe the family, then get back on the road. They also pay their workers a decent wage. I love me some But-ees.

We drive from AZ to FL and always stop at the ones near Houston. The store is clean, huge, and the employees are friendly. The only problem our 5 minute stop usually turns into a 45 minute one!

Top Bottom