What's new

In the market for a new Brush

Well it has been almost three years and I have decided it is time for a new brush. After a lot of use with the Semogue 1520 and the Omega 49 I have found that I prefer the knot of the 49 and the handle of the Omega.

I thought that I preferred the Omega initially however after some use the 1520 really started to lather better. Now that the finish has cracked on the 1520 I have decided to look for something new. What is a good compromise of the two brushes?

The handles look pretty similar. I haven't used either so I don't know how they come across in hand. Is the Omega handle slightly smaller?

The Omega is a much larger handle thicker and longer than the Semogue. it also has a larger knot.

I will look at the acrylic and SOC brushes, as I really like the knot and the lather from them.

The Omega is a much larger handle thicker and longer than the Semogue. it also has a larger knot.

I will look at the acrylic and SOC brushes, as I really like the knot and the lather from them.

The 1520 has 75 % extra grade hair, so too does the 620. That would be your brush i believe.

Depending on your budget, I would encourage you to venture into synthetic brushes, badger brushes, and don't forget about horse hair brushes!!

The Pro 49 is a great brush. It whips up a ton of lather & splays nicely on the face. I am very happy with the Omega Pro 49.

Top Bottom