What's new

In The Market for a HT Oven

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Well, my shop is built and now I get to equip it. I want an electric thermostatically controlled HT oven that will do a half dozen blades in a batch. Programmable would be nice, but not necessary. Just an accurate thermostat is a luxury after doing the hair dryer and charcoal thing. I really need to keep it under $1k shipping included, and half that would be sweet. Anybody got any ideas? Yeah I know, I could build one, and I do have 220V at up to 60a available in the shop, so it would be quite doable, but I would just rather go with a plug and play solution. Has anyone had great success with a small pottery kiln? I will be using O1 initially, since I have a some on hand, but not averse to 1095 or similar easy alloys once the O1 is used up, so I don't need crazy high temps.

I have the evenheat 18”. Many other brands easily available in your range. Some places have the EH’s on sale close to your price point . Fully programmable, step heating on and on.

Sell a blade or to and there is your difference.
You may not need high temps now but who knows what you may end up playing with in the future. I figured I’d have all the options now instead of possibly regretting it later.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Thanks for that. I ended up pulling the trigger on a kiln from a ceramics supplier. Evenheat V8 Multi Purpose. Front loader, side hinge. With a few extras it was still under $1k. Should be good enough. GF is all excited now about making pottery so I will be showing her some shave mugs and scuttles to copy. Win/win.

Top Bottom