What's new

In stock tobacco thread

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Probably on the "no ship" list for flavored tobacco. California passed that last year, IIRC. But this is a referendum trying to make the ballot in 2022 to repeal that.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've been looking online at tobacco shops, and it appears that many have a warning that if your mailing address is in CA, there is an additional "Tobacco Tax" levied besides the sales tax.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
For those of you that got some new SG tins, did you check the seals? Another forum has reported a lot of tins with loose seals.

Then at the store today saw a bunch without vacuum. So I guess check your tins!

All mine gave now been opened, and transferred to small Mylar bags, four bags per tin. I will be doing this straight away with any new Gawith tins I buy from now on.

One of them had a good vaccuum, but was still completely dried out. Not entirely sure how a tobacco can dry out and still be vac sealed, but there it was.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I've been looking online at tobacco shops, and it appears that many have a warning that if your mailing address is in CA, there is an additional "Tobacco Tax" levied besides the salesI've been looking online at tobacco shops, and it appears that many have a warning that if your mailing address is in CA, there is an additional "Tobacco Tax" levied besides the sales tax.

That basically amounts to an “import tax” IMO. Kinda weird that a state can impose additional fees for items privately purchased outside the state. There are more than a few states who do the same thing. I believe Oregon is one.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I would encourage Lakeland lovers to take the opportunity to stock up on Stonehenge Flake. It’s the only one not produced by C&D, but rather G&H.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Is Gawith Hoggarth (especially scented flakes and ropes) available anywhere in the US anymore? I mean, on a consistent basis?

It is available quite consistently every 4-6 months lol. The last time there was a big restock was around 2 months ago or so. I suspect the restocking times are the same as they have always been, it’s just that more people are stocking their cellars. 4-5 years ago only the “crazy” people bought tobacco to cellar. Today it seems almost everyone is buying for a rainy day.

Is Gawith Hoggarth (especially scented flakes and ropes) available anywhere in the US anymore? I mean, on a consistent basis?

Availability has greatly improved this year since Laudisi took over distribution, and will hopefully continue to improve even further.

Not sure how it happened that Laudisi was able to take over as distributor for GH while Phillips and King/Kretek still have the rights to Samuel Gawith blends, but hopefully Laudisi can eventually assume the SG contract also.

Laudisi cares. They’re the parent company of smokingpipes.com and they know that GH makes the cash register ring.

P&K/Kretek don’t care about pipe smokers, they focus mainly on cigars. “Oh, you want some Sam Gawith tins, Mr. USA consumer? Too bad! And 250g boxes! Forget about it!” 🤣

Top Bottom