What's new

In stock tobacco thread

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
With the present nature of the business (notwithstanding the big warehouse operations), the people that are still in it have to have a real passion for the hobby and the community.

You’re not going to become a billionaire running a small pipe tobacco shop in 2021. It’s a labor of love at the mom and pop level. I’ll support any that run a fair shop. Many are family run across multiple generations. And it’s fun to watch them change over the years. Boswells and Milan are two that immediately come to mind.

If someone takes an extra day or two to get a shipment out, or doesn’t have the latest website architecture, it’s no big deal to me.

All the online UK tobacconists are like that. One dropped out of the game not long back (EA Carey), and I do wonder how more haven't followed suit. Some, but not all, have brick and mortar stores too, and I've never been in a queue when I've visited one. Wilsons of Sharrow (the snuff maker) briefly dabbled with pipe tobacco sales too, but didn't stick at it long.

Interesting. Latakia is not a leaf I usually associate with MB blends.
Their latakia flake is great. The vintage Syrian is as well if you have any hoarded or know someone that. I think I have almost four pounds of the syrian. It has a nice touch of dark fired which plays well with the spice and smokiness from the syrian latakia.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Their latakia flake is great. The vintage Syrian is as well if you have any hoarded or know someone that. I think I have almost four pounds of the syrian. It has a nice touch of dark fired which plays well with the spice and smokiness from the syrian latakia.

I do like their Burley-forward Navy Flakes and some of their stronger HH lines. And am looking forward to trying their new Vanilla Roll blend. But other than their HH blends, historically when I think of MB, I think of their Cavendish, and polite sweetness up and down the line card. Guess that thinking goes back to their original Mixture Scottish blend (which is about as Scottish as I am ... and I’m not).

I am bought out on cellar replenishments for a while. My English shelf now runneth over. But I will take a look at that Lat flake later this year. Thanks!

I do like their Burley-forward Navy Flakes and some of their stronger HH lines. And am looking forward to trying their new Vanilla Roll blend. But other than their HH blends, historically when I think of MB, I think of their Cavendish, and polite sweetness up and down the line card. Guess that thinking goes back to their original Mixture Scottish blend (which is about as Scottish as I am ... and I’m not).

I am bought out on cellar replenishments for a while. My English shelf now runneth over. But I will take a look at that Lat flake later this year. Thanks!
Anytime!

Mmm Mixture Scottish....

I think the HH Latakia Flake is Owen's favorite latakia blend. He stocked deep on it.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I have several pounds of Latakia Flake as well. I am sorely tempted to stock up on the Lat Rolls, but I really don’t need anymore tobacco lol.

My apologies to the mods for a double post but I figured here and in the lighter thread would be good info to share.

Cupojoes - 25% off IM Corona lighters. I don't recall ever seeing a sale on Corona lighters before.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
My apologies to the mods for a double post but I figured here and in the lighter thread would be good info to share.

Cupojoes - 25% off IM Corona lighters. I don't recall ever seeing a sale on Corona lighters before.
There are sometimes general lighter sales around the Christmas holidays. But rarely a specific sale on just Coronas. Twenty-five off is a very good one if the normal prices are typical.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I'm passing on both. More for ,y'all 🤣

I’m a sucker for limited edition stuff. I still have 2 tins of the ODF plugs. The fact that they still haven’t brought back the plug makes me want the Lat rolls more. Marketing is genius.

I’m a sucker for limited edition stuff. I still have 2 tins of the ODF plugs. The fact that they still haven’t brought back the plug makes me want the Lat rolls more. Marketing is genius.
Between SPs limited releases on MacB and CD I've given up on most of them. I'd make an exception for the Squadron Leader LE but I still have 3 tins of one year and 5 of another. If I could go through a tin every two months I'd think differently. Maybe.

But yeah, markerting.

Top Bottom