What's new

In stock tobacco thread

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Anybody purchase anything from Pipe studs consignment? The prices seem to be a little crazy But I’m curious about aged tobaccos

What did you have your eye on? For the most part prices reflect what the market will bear. Blends that are still available today are pretty reasonable, maybe a 50% to 100% markup usually. It’s the unobtanium blends that are outrageous, but people still buy them.

What did you have your eye on? For the most part prices reflect what the market will bear. Blends that are still available today are pretty reasonable, maybe a 50% to 100% markup usually. It’s the unobtanium blends that are outrageous, but people still buy them.
MCClelland Frog Morton 100g tin. :/ Mostly sold out of everything on his site already.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
P&C also still has HH Rustica in stock...added that to my order as well.
What did you think of the Rustica? I watched Eddie reviewing it and it didn’t seem like my cup of tea. He described it as meaty, gamey and barbecue. I’ve also read about snuff made with Indian tobacco (Rustica) said to be quite strong.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
What did you think of the Rustica? I watched Eddie reviewing it and it didn’t seem like my cup of tea. He described it as meaty, gamey and barbecue. I’ve also read about snuff made with Indian tobacco (Rustica) said to be quite strong.
See my post today on POTD thread. It strikes me as right up your alley as you said. A nice meaty flavor somewhere between Peterson Irish Flake and Solani Aged Burley. Just a nice tobacco flavor...that being said the nic hit is prevalent. I was smoking on a full stomach, put it down twice and still felt it a half hour after the bowl. It is a VERY strong tobacco. I would recommend only using after a full meal and in a very small bowl, especially for a 71 year old...and I mean that with no offense. It is an extremely strong blend and not to be taken lightly. Enjoy...but with discretion my friend.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My opinion on Rustica is kind of like Old Dark Fired kicked up a notch or two. Meaty and Smokey are probably good descriptors. Like all MacB flakes I have had, it burns well straight out of the tin. They have a knack for making ready to smoke tobaccos.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
See my post today on POTD thread. It strikes me as right up your alley as you said. A nice meaty flavor somewhere between Peterson Irish Flake and Solani Aged Burley. Just a nice tobacco flavor...that being said the nic hit is prevalent. I was smoking on a full stomach, put it down twice and still felt it a half hour after the bowl. It is a VERY strong tobacco. I would recommend only using after a full meal and in a very small bowl, especially for a 71 year old...and I mean that with no offense. It is an extremely strong blend and not to be taken lightly. Enjoy...but with discretion my friend.
Yeah, I’m going to pass on that one. BTW the Solani is the leader of the pack on the samples and OJK coming in second. I have two more to smoke yet. Enjoying the competition.

Anybody purchase anything from Pipe studs consignment? The prices seem to be a little crazy But I’m curious about aged tobaccos
I have many times. It is a place to get hard to get tobaccos. Steve Fallon knows his business and is extremely helpful to all of his customers. He never holds any stock back for "special customers" and will never sell offline (unless he is at a pipe show).

The prices can seem steep. But if there is a hard to find blend you just have to have, Steve is your guy. But when he updates his site on Staturdays at 10AM Central, you better be quick. The more sought after blends go lightning fast!

P.S. Sign up for his news letter and become one of his "Early Responders". Sometimes he offers the ER's early access or special sales on Wednesdays.

Last edited:
I have many times. It is a place to get hard to get tobaccos. Steve Fallon knows his business and is extremely helpful to all of his customers. He never holds any stock back for "special customers" and will never sell offline (unless he is at a pipe show).

The prices can seem steep. But if there is a hard to find blend you just have to have, Steve is your guy. But when he updates his site on Staturdays at 10AM Central, you better be quick. The more sought after blends go lightning fast!

P.S. Sign up for his news letter and become one of his "Early Responders". Sometimes he offers the ER's early access or special sales on Wednesdays.
Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. You have been very helpful!
-Rick

60.00 is not bad I guess. Better than the scalpers on a Ebay asking a hundo.

I would agree with this as well. Most places I've seen it selling for $75-$100. The only question you have is to ask yourself is it worth $60 to you. I paid $60 for a 100g tin of FMC, because I started smoking after they closed up. I like the blend very much, but I wouldn't pay that price again. There are WAY too many good English/Balkan/Latakia blends out there to pay that much for 1 tin of tobacco. This is just my opinion however.

Obviously people are paying these prices on the regular or they wouldn't be so expensive. :)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Lots of good stuff dropping this weekend at kbven.com. Tomorrow he is releasing Wessex Gold Brick. He has a lot of Wessex tins but not sure if he has any Dark Flake

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
2B398074-6725-4665-B95C-A6DEABB26B58.png

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I like:
OJK
HB
Exhausted Rooster
Briar Fox