What's new

In stock tobacco thread

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
For all you Burley lovers MacBaren Burley London Blend is in stock at Smoking Pipes. Looks like LE of 5000 tins. I have some from the last release so I’m passing this year, but I can attest that it’s good stuff.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
25% off SWR tobaccos at SP.

I've noticed that one for a while. Even the sale prices are starting to get up there for just 7oz. Adjusted to the old tub sizes, it's about $40/tub for SWR, and about the same for the SWRA (12oz tub). SWRA for $40 ($3.23/oz) is not too bad nowadays, I guess.

One advantage is that the smaller sealed containers may work better for less ravenous smokers. And the SWR lines are still good blends. I've been smoking a lot of SWRA just these past several days for some reason.

I'm embarrassed to say how many of the old tubs of this and several other classics we have cellared away whenever there were big sales over the years. Enough so that my son may not have to buy pipe tobacco for a long time.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
If you didn’t cellar this stuff I think it would be welcomed since the three cans you bought last year would be smoked up already. For myself, I haven’t even cracked a tin from the first release lol. I have a problem.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
If you didn’t cellar this stuff I think it would be welcomed since the three cans you bought last year would be smoked up already. For myself, I haven’t even cracked a tin from the first release lol. I have a problem.

I haven’t cracked any of tins I have from either release. I keep going back to bulk blends I have cellared instead of cracking any tins.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Same. I may pick up a few tins. We'll see.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Am I the only one afflicted with C&D Release Fatigue (CDRF - talk to your doctor)? It seems like every 2-3 weeks another Small Batch release drops.
I think Jeremy Reeves genuinely has a passion for blending and that is why we have all of these releases. He wants to create new and creative options and although I agree it gets a bit much at times, I can see why/how it happens.

I mean leaf is a perishable thing, or a finite thing anyway. There's only so much 2010 Carolina Red flake available. Using those finite qualities must be an exciting and challenging endeavor for a blender. I'm happy we have exciting options every month or so. I get the fatigue, but there will come a day when we lament our lack of choices...not the abundance.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Somehow I missed that C&D has released Haunted Bookshop as a Crumble Cake. Anybody tried it? I have enough HB in the original cut that I probably won’t buy any unless I need a little more in my cart for free shipping. Available at TP and SP.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Somehow I missed that C&D has released Haunted Bookshop as a Crumble Cake. Anybody tried it? I have enough HB in the original cut that I probably won’t buy any unless I need a little more in my cart for free shipping. Available at TP and SP.

If you like HB loose, you might not like it pressed. It loses its edge and becomes kinda homologous with the pressing. I would just get one to try, or press your own with the infamous noodle press.

If HB seems kinda rough to you, you might like it pressed. YMMV

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Thanks for the info. I may throw a tin in the basket at some time. I like HB but I wouldn’t say it’s one of my favorites. Maybe I’ll like it more as a cake.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Got this from TP today

Screenshot_20220812-015935_Email.jpg

For all you Burley lovers MacBaren Burley London Blend is in stock at Smoking Pipes. Looks like LE of 5000 tins. I have some from the last release so I’m passing this year, but I can attest that it’s good stuff.
I've very tempted. I see it has a 3 or 5 strength rating, but so does Golden Extra, and I smoked that with pleasure. The London Burley blend is more chocolate/molasses than GE, right?

Top Bottom