What's new

In stock tobacco thread

I know SP sells them. They also sell Kiribi. Can always send an email. They'll let you know quickly.
I did a quick look to see if I was dreaming up these scenarios or not. I found this relatively quickly but it looks like it is from 2012:

Nov 25, 2012 · The pipe repair & Corona repair facility In morrisville NC is closing the 22nd of Oct. The contract for the Savinelli pipes and Savinelli, IM corona lightershas been awarded to . LAUDISI DISTRIBUTION GROUP 4360 BIG BARN DR LITTLE RIVER, SC 29566 843-491-4150

How is that? I have a small tin waiting patiently for a jar of both Stokkebye and Sutliff English to run out. I'm a little curious about what to expect.
I just bought this afternoon. This order is not a repeat purchase. I have no clue. I am just as curious as you...only in a “bigger” way; if you catch my drift. I like going big. Go big or go home! Wait a minute...isn’t that Trump? My plans were to sock this vacuum sealed brick away for awhile and pick up a smaller tin along the way. I’ll smoke anything put in front of me, you know. Oh oh...reminds me of food.

I am also like you patiently waiting on some tins of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation 1931 Flake.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
SP just has great customer service. They also don't do backorders or say they have stock and don't then backordering it.
I also love how they photograph each pipe. You get to pick out what calls to you. If you have any questions on it you can email them and pick it up, take a picture or whatever they need to do to answer your questions.
Blog and vBlog posts are entertaining as well.

They are the closest thing to a B&M online imo.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Ah, thank you. I'll look forward to seeing what age does to it.
Age tends to mellow Latakia from what I hear...fat chance with a 75% Latakia blend though. I am working my way through a pound of Pirate Kake, I enjoy it. John is right though if you are unsure about Latakia then Pirate Kake will sort you out!

I wanted a bronze bent, so I ordered the radiator directly from Wiebe.
I got my HW Radiator Bones pipe today. The pipe arrives in a fancier than normal black velour type HW Radiator printed bag with a silken look drawstring. Dang, this size pipe is nice.

I looked at Wiebe’s site before I ordered from Morgan. The only pipe stem finish on his site that appealed to me was the stubby bent “Midnight Edition” stem. That one is “all” midnight. I am not fond of the mixed bag of color finishes on the majority of his stems. The silver stems coupled with the rainbow finish color of your choice on the radiator portion somehow does not look balanced and uniform to me. I prefer one solid color for the whole stem. That is why I chose Morgan’s version as the finish is all silver. I would probably get the stubby midnight version sometime if it is still available.

Last edited:
I got my HW Radiator Bones pipe today. The pipe arrives in a fancier than normal black HW Radiator printed bag. Dang, this size pipe is nice.

I looked at Wiebe’s site before I ordered from Morgan. The only pipe stem finish on his site that appealed to me was the stubby bent “Midnight Edition” stem. That one is “all” midnight. I am not fond of the mixed bag of color finishes on the majority of his stems. The silver stems coupled with the rainbow finish color of your choice on the radiator portion somehow does not look balanced and uniform to me. I prefer one solid color for the whole stem. That is why I chose Morgan’s version as the finish is all silver. I would probably get the stubby midnight version sometime if it is still available.
Right on. I really wanted the stuby bent as I saw a YouTube vid and the guy said it fits perfectly in a car cupholder. Since the well will catch moisture, I want to keep the pipe as vertical as possible if I have to set it down in my work vehicle and not get the moisture back into the baccy in the bowl.

I saw another video where the guy put dental cotton gauze in the well to catch the moisture in the event you forget to empty it. I might try a pipe cleaner cut in half and formed into a circle.

The bronze bent tickled my fancy. To each their own.

I saw another video where the guy put dental cotton gauze in the well to catch the moisture in the event you forget to empty it. I might try a pipe cleaner cut in half and formed into a circle.
Funny you mention that “dental gauze” in the radiator dump. I saw a similar or maybe the same video as you are describing of a chap placing “cotton dental rolls” down into the radiator sump to sponge up the accumulated moisture. Took me awhile to figure out what he was using.

I was searching and searching using the wrong terms looking for those things. I thought they looked like cigarette filters to me at first and tried finding them using those search terms. No luck. The cotton cigarette filters looked the same but were way smaller. Those cigarette filters would probably work better anyway as they are not taking up the whole radiator pot.

You’re idea might work better yet as the majority of the radiator dump would be freed up. There appears to be only minor amounts of moisture accumulated in that sump anyway. So, maybe a Falcon style “rag” in the bottom of that radiator could work too.

The first thing I thought about was “if” that big old honkin dental roll would defeat the purpose of that cooling or reverse calabash radiator chamber?

Funny you mention that “dental gauze” in the radiator dump. I saw a similar or maybe the same video as you are describing of a chap placing “cotton dental rolls” down into the radiator sump to sponge up the accumulated moisture. Took me awhile to figure out what he was using.

I was searching and searching using the wrong terms looking for those things. I thought they looked like cigarette filters to me at first and tried finding them using those search terms. No luck. The cotton cigarette filters looked the same but were way smaller. Those cigarette filters would probably work better anyway as they are not taking up the whole radiator pot.

You’re idea might work better yet as the majority of the radiator dump would be freed up. There appears to be only minor amounts of moisture accumulated in that sump anyway. So, maybe a Falcon style “rag” in the bottom of that radiator could work too.

The first thing I thought about was “if” that big old honkin dental roll would defeat the purpose of that cooling or reverse calabash radiator chamber?
I found the dental gauze on amazon for $16ish for 800 of em. Figured you could probably cut em in half. Seemed like a lot of wasted gauze in the video I watched.

At the end of the day it might be a non issue. I don’t particularly like filters and usually just pull em anyways. Keep us posted on the new pipe. I know I’m looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

How is that? I'm a little curious about what to expect.
I just love :c15: the smell of fresh creosote in the morning! Just received my vacuum sealed brick of Pirate Kake. I could smell the package that was going to be delivered from blocks away! It is a GOOD wake-up call if I may be so bold...I know the raw tobacco aroma is. The whole kit-n-kaboodle smelled like fresh creosote; including the other 2 lbs of tobacco that were along for the ride and vacuum sealed. Potent and pungent aroma is piercing and penetrates all.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I just love :c15: the smell of fresh creosote in the morning! Just received my vacuum sealed brick of Pirate Kake. I could smell the package that was going to be delivered from blocks away! It is a GOOD wake-up call if I may be so bold...I know the raw tobacco aroma is. The whole kit-n-kaboodle smelled like fresh creosote; including the other 2 lbs of tobacco that were along for the ride and vacuum sealed. Potent and pungent aroma is piercing and penetrates all.
I love that smell as well. I even use pine tar soap. Smoked English for years but eventually burned out on it (pun intended).

Top Bottom