What's new

In search of an almond sized spoon

One more technical approach to this problem: Why not buy a spoon that is a little larger and then grind it to size with belt grinder?
Or have one made from damascus steel, heat treated to 60 HRC from a master japanese sword maker and then use it? Do they have almonds in Japan? As a size reference for that sword maker?

After you all get the spoon size and water volume dialed in, should we start a new thread for specific brush speed, interpolation(cw or ccw), and duration?

After you all get the spoon size and water volume dialed in, should we start a new thread for specific brush speed, interpolation(cw or ccw), and duration?
I think we already have that on The Fat.

Brush speed - beat it like you hate it
Interpolation - yes
Duration - one minute.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
How about "Rudy Vey Custom Spoons"?
Let me think about this. Now as a matter of fact, we had a big bag of almonds in the house, and I volunteered to check the sizes. What I found was that even within this bag of almonds, and it was quite a big bag, the sizes are very different from what I had expected....this now opens another can of worms regarding: what is the real size of an almond??? I truly believe the size difference within the bag of almonds might be directly related to good or not so good shaving results due to the fact that there is quite a variability in the almond size. Give me a few days more of testing, maybe by the end of the bag, mean to say week, I might have a better understanding about the true size of the almond....

Let me think about this. Now as a matter of fact, we had a big bag of almonds in the house, and I volunteered to check the sizes. What I found was that even within this bag of almonds, and it was quite a big bag, the sizes are very different from what I had expected....this now opens another can of worms regarding: what is the real size of an almond??? I truly believe the size difference within the bag of almonds might be directly related to good or not so good shaving results due to the fact that there is quite a variability in the almond size. Give me a few days more of testing, maybe by the end of the bag, mean to say week, I might have a better understanding about the true size of the almond....
I assume you are consuming the almonds after measuring them so as not to measure the same almond twice?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I can see it now... "THE 2021 BADGER & BLADE RUDY VEY GROUP SPOON BUY"

I believe this spoon is about the size of an almond.
C8ACAD08-F150-4603-B3B3-1672FD3D6309.jpeg

Exactly, this would skew the results if an almond would be measured twice, so eliminating them is important!!
I agree. Plus almonds are in the Good Fat group, so you are helping your cardiovascular, but not so good for the waistline if you continue to eat too many.

One more technical approach to this problem: Why not buy a spoon that is a little larger and then grind it to size with belt grinder?
Or have one made from damascus steel, heat treated to 60 HRC from a master japanese sword maker and then use it? Do they have almonds in Japan? As a size reference for that sword maker?
Thanks!!!...Now you have me thinking about making a Damasteel spoon😆

Top Bottom