What's new

In response to the question-“Why do you Feel the Need to Carry a Gun?”

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
There has to be a better way... You live in the middle of nowhere and farming is a dangerous occupation :eek2:

:letterk1:

Yes Sir; lets plant some chickens and raise some corn.
I can't tell the story here, but she and I have a wonderfully strange relationship. I'd tell my customers getting a haircut how I planned to off her and dispose of the evidence, which involved a chipper/shredder, and she'd tell the customers how she'd fake her death and frame me....

Now you know why I counsel young folks that are contemplating marriage that mutual destruction is a much better motivation for STAYING married than love is.

True story doggone!

I can't tell the story here, but she and I have a wonderfully strange relationship. I'd tell my customers getting a haircut how I planned to off her and dispose of the evidence, which involved a chipper/shredder, and she'd tell the customers how she'd fake her death and frame me....

Now you know why I counsel young folks that are contemplating marriage that mutual destruction is a much better motivation for STAYING married than love is.

True story doggone!

Two honeymooners are at the Grand Canyon;
proxy.php

They decide to ride the donkeys down to the bottom. They're both riding along with their tour group, enjoying the view when the wife's donkey trips and falls. The husband sees this and hears her say "That's one."

The donkey gets back up and starts trotting along back down the path. A few minutes later, they reach a slightly steeper part of the trail and the donkey slips again, sending both donkey and wife sliding several yards. The husband urges his donkey forward to check on her and hears her say "That's two."

Several more minutes later, they are getting near the bottom. As it was a particularly hot day, the group is looking forward to resting for a bit. The wife's donkey was thirsty from the walk and, upon seeing the water, rushed forward to take a drink, ending up causing the wife to fall into waist deep water. The husband heard her say "That's three."

Then he saw her pull a handgun out of her bag and shoot the donkey dead. The husband exclaimed "What the world is the matter with you?!"

To which his wife replied "That's one."

This is a successful marriage @FarmerTan

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Two honeymooners are at the Grand Canyon;
proxy.php

They decide to ride the donkeys down to the bottom. They're both riding along with their tour group, enjoying the view when the wife's donkey trips and falls. The husband sees this and hears her say "That's one."

The donkey gets back up and starts trotting along back down the path. A few minutes later, they reach a slightly steeper part of the trail and the donkey slips again, sending both donkey and wife sliding several yards. The husband urges his donkey forward to check on her and hears her say "That's two."

Several more minutes later, they are getting near the bottom. As it was a particularly hot day, the group is looking forward to resting for a bit. The wife's donkey was thirsty from the walk and, upon seeing the water, rushed forward to take a drink, ending up causing the wife to fall into waist deep water. The husband heard her say "That's three."

Then he saw her pull a handgun out of her bag and shoot the donkey dead. The husband exclaimed "What the world is the matter with you?!"

To which his wife replied "That's one."

This is a successful marriage @FarmerTan
Amen! My wife's only on, "That's one and three quarters....."

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
While I almost always carry, and keep a pistol in my truck at all times, today I took an extra precaution. While there has been no social unrest in my area post hurricane IDA, now is about the time that peoples nerves get frayed and survival instincts kick in. So in addition to my usual carry firearms, I also carried (in my truck) my AR 9 PCC that utilizes Glock mags, as does my "truck gun" G19 pistol.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
While I almost always carry, and keep a pistol in my truck at all times, today I took an extra precaution. While there has been no social unrest in my area post hurricane IDA, now is about the time that peoples nerves get frayed and survival instincts kick in. So in addition to my usual carry firearms, I also carried (in my truck) my AR 9 PCC that utilizes Glock mags, as does my "truck gun" G19 pistol.

Perfect equipment for the situation and environment.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Although I agree with @luvmysuper ‘s take on the question, in giving those who used to ask that question the benefit of the doubt, I’d try to give them some reasonable answers. Usually, they didn’t really want answers, though, they were just morally preening.

Today, however, after the events of the last 18 months and the continuing and spreading violence in our cities and the proliferation of no-bail policies, releasing of dangerous criminals, downsizing and hamstringing police departments, etcetera, the question is just plain stupid. I find myself becoming less gentlemanly about my response to such things lately, and have found myself bluntly telling people they are stupid, and that I don’t waste time on discussions with stupid people.

It mortifies my wife, but it effectively cuts down on the time I spend around annoying people. I’m good with that.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught is to fear is his victim.” – Col. Jeff Cooper, in Principles of Personal Defense

and …

“One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases I have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.” – Col. Jeff Cooper

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught is to fear is his victim.” – Col. Jeff Cooper, in Principles of Personal Defense

and …

“One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases I have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.” – Col. Jeff Cooper

I sure do miss that guy's wisdom.

Top Bottom