What's new

In Praise of the Sheaffer Triumph Nib

I'm with you OC, the nibs are part of the beauty of the pen. I like them being bold instead of hidden. I figured that I owed a Parker 51 a fair try and I did and now I am in the process of selling my hidden nib pens. They write just fine but are boring to look at. All this my opinion of course.

:001_smile, Vlad are you telling me that there is a pen sabbatical going on ? Not yet, please, not yet.

Vlad is a poor misguided person. A sabbatical on Pens and ink ? That is just plain crazy talk.

Don't be silly! Pelikan M400 white tortoise is en route, baby! :tongue_sm And a PIFed Sheaffer! Woot!

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Vlad are you telling me that there is a pen sabbatical going on ? Not yet, please, not yet.

No, I think it is only shaving supplies. If it does come this way, though, I will not succumb. There is an economy out there to stimulate, and it is my duty to help it. :biggrin:

I agree, the inlaid nib is very elegant. My 1995 Triumph Imperial writes every time, and is incredibly smooth.

I wonder if the newer Sheaffer Legacy nibs are as good?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Forgot how nice these Triumph nibs are. Like a nail ... but a really smooth nail.

full

I have a NoS Sheaffer Imperial (not sure exactly which one, but it's late 60's into the 70's era), and it writes like a dream. Used it as a daily driver now for a few years. It can sit capped for a month plus, and starts right up with writing smooth and solid still. It's tempting to pick up another NoS while they are still around and reasonably priced, just to have a spare in case something happens to the one I have.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Very handsome pens, I must say. Are the post-cards in your pic passed-down from family?

Thanks, I do like the Crest but the lever-fill ones are getting tough to find and the vac-fil are hard to repair.

The old German post cards I found in a lot at a swap meet, they were just props. :a8:
Fin de siècle.

Top Bottom