What's new

In praise of the Gillette 7 O'clock Indian Black label blades

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I bought 100pcs about 2+ years ago and have to admit they are very good. They remind me of GSB on the first shave, they are sharp and Smoooth + longevity reasonable (5-6 tossed).
Ball park photo chart how I rate them.(click on photo to enlarge)
View attachment 1303885
Have some great shaves!
Great chart I was looking for that

Gillette 7 O'clock Black are currently performing very well in my BBS Stainless Steel, and while they may be a bit iffy in my other closed comb razor, they seem to be super smooth in BBS.

I've heard from another wet shaver who uses them with his 37C and gets many happy shaves.

Perhaps they tend to perform very well in (under) pressure ?

Rule #1: USE NO PRESSURE!! :biggrin1:

I liked these blades when I was using them and I think they are similar to the Gillette Silver Blue and Gillette Platinum. I also agree with many of the others here that quality was inconsistent.

The Gillette Platinum Plus (discontinued) work the best for me. I've been buying them from eBay and they are pricey but to me worth it.

Lol, that true.

What I meant was that the blade performed better in my slant and curved razors, so better wording should have been -
The blade performs well when torqued.

LOL, there's my smart-alec nature getting me in trouble again!
Actually, I read that as meaning it gave you a better shave when YOU were feeling under pressure, as in rushed.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I've not found the QC to be inconsistent, but then I got all my blades at once, so I'm not going back to the well, so to speak. I got somewhere between 800-1,000 of them about 10 years ago, still have a little under 400 left. No QC issues but they are all from the same time period, so there's that.

blades.jpg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Hmmmmm. Feeding my AD. So since I have all of those from a time period where I know there was no QC deviation, maybe that's my excuse to buy some other blades before I run out? At first I was thinking I'd use them up before ordering, but now maybe I need another few hundred blades so I don't have to worry about a 7 O'Clock SP reload being substandard?

Some GSBs, Nacets, Meds ...

Works for me. :c9:

I have a small batch from 2012 and a few tucks from 2020.

The 2012 definitely shave better!!

Although blade-to-blade consistency, the 2020 are fine without any QC issues.

Top Bottom