What's new

In praise of Rockwell support

A few weeks ago I got a Rockwell 6S and while I was over the moon about the shaves it delivers (very smooth and forgiving but still efficient) I had a hard time getting the blade alignment spot on. I used the recommended cap-down-and-stack loading technique that had worked so well with my Merkur 23C when I had it, but the alignment frequently drifted out as I tightened the handle; it made changing blades and baseplates a real chore - not something I was expecting from a more upmarket razor. I contacted Rockwell support with a few photos and a description of the problem, and without quibble they shipped me a replacement handle and cap, free of charge. The replacement parts arrived today and the difference was immediately noticeable - everything just settles into correct alignment as the handle is tightened down. As a bonus the handle has more prominent knurling, making for a significantly better grip with soapy fingers.

I've seen posts in various places knocking Rockwell for poor quality control and copy variation. I don't know if that's generally true, but I can say that my experience of their support - even though I bought from a UK reseller and not directly from Rockwell itself - has been excellent. It's great to see a company standing behind their product like this - bravo!

Last edited:
Great to hear about the good customer support, though sorry to hear yet again that at some point Rockwell shipped out some defective models of my favorite razor. I'm sure they've become adept at sending out replacements. Enjoy the shaves.

A few weeks ago I got a Rockwell 6S and while I was over the moon about the shaves it delivers (very smooth and forgiving but still efficient) I had a hard time getting the blade alignment spot on. I used the recommended cap-down-and-stack loading technique that had worked so well with my Merkur 23C when I had it, but the alignment frequently drifted out as I tightened the handle; it made changing blades and baseplates a real chore - not something I was expecting from a more upmarket razor. I contacted Rockwell support with a few photos and a description of the problem, and without quibble they shipped me a replacement handle and cap, free of charge. The replacement parts arrived today and the difference was immediately noticeable - everything just settles into correct alignment as the handle is tightened down. As a bonus the handle has more prominent knurling, making for a significantly better grip with soapy fingers.

I've seen posts in various places knocking Rockwell for poor quality control and copy variation. I don't know if that's generally true, but I can say that my experience of their support - even though I bought from a UK reseller and not directly from Rockwell itself - has been excellent. It's great to see a company standing behind their product like this - bravo!

Nice to see!

- Ken
[emoji1690]

I had a perfect experience with them as well. A minor defect in one plate on the outside edge was apparent on my new at the time razor. I sent them a photo and they immediately shipped a replacement.

I have very different experience with their customer support...I have the same problem as Legacoid (alignment issues) and I didn't received any reply to my email from january 21 to this day...Very dissapointing

I have very different experience with their customer support...I have the same problem as Legacoid (alignment issues) and I didn't received any reply to my email from january 21 to this day...Very dissapointing

They took a while (over a week I think) to reply to my first message, but after that things moved quickly. Try another message through their contact form. It's worth the wait to get a properly functional 6S.

I have returned the bad piece to the seller and ordered another one elsewhere. Hoping this one will be flawless and I will not have to deal with their customer support again...

I have returned the bad piece to the seller and ordered another one elsewhere. Hoping this one will be flawless and I will not have to deal with their customer support again...
Anything that gets a faster resolution has got to be a good move. Here's hoping you have a problem-free 6S soon!

Top Bottom