What's new

In Need of Enablers

Maybe I should change what I posted then. I can tell you that the 37C is not torqued even remotely close to as much as the Wunderbar though... When I take the Wunderbar head apart I have to use my fingernail to get the blade off the top cap when taking it apart to clean.

eta... I went back and changed my previous post to reflect this...

Thanks for the input. It was between the Wunderbar and the ATT S1 cap and head (similarly priced, but I don't own an RR so there you go). Curious to know which blade you find to be the best match. I'm thinking Derby or the like (on the theory of aggressive razor, mild blade and vice versa).

Thanks for the input. It was between the Wunderbar and the ATT S1 cap and head (similarly priced, but I don't own an RR so there you go). Curious to know which blade you find to be the best match. I'm thinking Derby or the like (on the theory of aggressive razor, mild blade and vice versa).

Congrats on the purchase, enjoy your new razor :)

The only blade I have used in it so far has been a Shark SS. The only other blade I use is the Astra SP adn haven't had a chance to use that one yet.

Shortly after acquiring my RazoRock Wunderbar (mine has the stainless steel handle) I found myself using it more and more often until it became my main razor of choice, apart from a couple of Red Tip susperspeeds that I also enjoy a lot. Hope you enjoy yours as much! :thumbup1:

Shortly after acquiring my RazoRock Wunderbar (mine has the stainless steel handle) I found myself using it more and more often until it became my main razor of choice, apart from a couple of Red Tip susperspeeds that I also enjoy a lot. Hope you enjoy yours as much! :thumbup1:

Thanks! Excited about this one; only nagging question is how forgiving it is. I have shaved for many years with a Futur on 6 as my exclusive razor. There is a price to be paid in blood for the use of any pressure, so I get the light touch. I also own the 39c, but I find it a bit harsh compared to some of my more recent acquisitions (lately I've been gravitating toward more forgiving razors). The reviews seem to be unanimous that the Ti halo handle has helped tone the Wunderbar down a bit. I'll report back when I get it.

Arrived last week but I was out of town so only two shaves in so far.

Definitely a razor that has a learning curve. First shave, not as close as usual, and a small weeper. For me, blood is a sign of a failed shave, and the more blood the greater the fail, so I was being careful. Second shave, no blood, and probably the most comfortable, irritation free and effortless BBS shave I've ever had. Blade feel is minimal, and so is audio feedback, at least in these two shaves.

Still formulating thoughts on this razor, but initial thought is that this is an amazing tool, and personal preferences will dictate one's love for it. If the ATT H1 is like driving a big block v8 with a stick shift, then the Wunderbar is like a super amped turbo with a dual clutch transmission and paddle shifters. The latter definitely beats on the specs, but the former may be more fun. Or not . . .

Next on deck may be a non-stock modification: trying this razor with a SS handle.

So what's next for us to enable for you?

I think this razor has killed my RAD!!! I know, I know, I've said this before. But I don't think a better razor can be manufactured, and even if it could, any improvements would be marginal.

One thing I will say is that this razor is very much worth the premium over the 39c. While maybe (almost) as efficient, I find the 39c (and all my other Merkurs) harsh. So while 3 times the price, the Wunderbar is, for me, money better spent since I will enjoy it.

Last edited:
How about Stan's new razor in copper?

You're like the waiter in The Meaning of Life imploring "one more, wafer thin"!!

Honestly, I have the 7 piece kit in SS. I am not sure how he can improve on it. It is an incredible set.

If I were in the market, a Timeless would be next for me.

See? See what you did?

Last edited:
@LoveTheSlant

Great to hear your getting right along with the Wunderbar. It is the heaviest best quality razor I have ever owned. I did try to put the head on a Weber Wave handle but it would only accept about 2/3 of the threaded post and start to bind up so not sure whats happening there. I don't have any problem screwing it on my aluminum General head though...

Thanks @muzichead and @Graybeard57 for the great advice, and gentle push!

RR doesn't recommend using any SS handle given the recess in the base plate (since they don't have their own product on hand, I don't see this answer as a ploy to buy more product). My Kronos handle seems to fit, but I don't want to potentially harm the head (or worse). Maybe RR will offer the SS handle they recommend if enough folks ask for it. It's a real nice ride with the Ti handle though so no issues here.

Thanks @muzichead and @Graybeard57 for the great advice, and gentle push!

RR doesn't recommend using any SS handle given the recess in the base plate (since they don't have their own product on hand, I don't see this answer as a ploy to buy more product). My Kronos handle seems to fit, but I don't want to potentially harm the head (or worse). Maybe RR will offer the SS handle they recommend if enough folks ask for it. It's a real nice ride with the Ti handle though so no issues here.
I have the SE type SS handle that they used to sell with the Wunderbar. It threads on my General head as will the Weber Wave, but the Weber Wave won't thread on the Wunderbar head!! Can't figure it out... I just don't care for the look of the new titanium handle that RR sells with the Wunderbar.

Top Bottom