What's new

in growing hair

Me? I'm a savage. I scratch it hard with my fingernails, with the intent of breaking the skin over the hair.

You can apply warm compresses, softening the skin, and then use a stiff brush, or time and more compresses. You need to get the hair from under the skin though.

Disinfect a fine and sharp needle with alcohol or sterilize it
with a lighter until red-hot .
Then ,gently dig out the ingrown hair ,with the needle.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This might help you when I had to deal with one.

Digging out works but it can go wrong. I dab a little Sudocrem on. The glycol softens the skin and encourages the hair to pop out on its own.

I usually wash my face with a scrub. If that hasn’t done it, I’ll take a special pointed pimple tool and scratch the skin slightly hoping to expose the hair or lifting the hair on top of the skin. Worse case scenarios these things is they appear as though they are a pimple, and if that’s the case, especially if I shaved really close recently the best thing is to let it go for a few 3 to 5 days and see what your skin does. It may help bring it up on its own, or you may have to then break the skin to loft it out or even pluck. Not letting the hair grow a few days and trying to tackle it this way just makes things worse.

I avoid against the grain passes as they typically result in ingrowns. I take note of what direction grows and avoid against the grain in these areas.

I also have hair follicles that grow multiple hairs so some of my ingrowns will have 4-10 hairs ingrown in the same spot and it’s an extra pain in the butt to straighten that out.

Top Bottom