What's new

In absolute awe of the new G5A

Yeah, there’s lots of choices for synthetic knots these days. Some of them are really getting up there in price too. Good luck!
Right on! Looking at AP’s synthetic knot guide, the B actually matches up closest to what I’m looking for(I think).
But I’d like to try the A, B & C.

And the UHD Titanium. And the UHD Independent. Might as well throw the MiG in there too 😄

Are folks still enjoying the G5 knots?

I've used the G5A/B/C and the Titanium from Apsco.

The G5B was nothing more than a boss knot. Really nothing special for me.

The G5A was surprisingly very similar to feeling like a silvertip badger. As was the Titanium. But both too soft for me as I'm not a fan of "cotton ball" synthetics.

The G5C is the goldilocks synth! This is my favourite synth brush from everything currently in production!

Light scrub, no cotton ball feeling, excellent natural splay, high density feels like a nice two band badger...It's near perfection!!

Mine is 26mm set at the highest possible loft of 55mm.

I've used the G5A/B/C and the Titanium from Apsco.

The G5B was nothing more than a boss knot. Really nothing special for me.

The G5A was surprisingly very similar to feeling like a silvertip badger. As was the Titanium. But both too soft for me as I'm not a fan of "cotton ball" synthetics.

The G5C is the goldilocks synth! This is my favourite synth brush from everything currently in production!

Light scrub, no cotton ball feeling, excellent natural splay, high density feels like a nice two band badger...It's near perfection!!

Mine is 26mm set at the highest possible loft of 55mm.
G5C is absolutely phenomenal. I want to check out the newer frank shaving synth you mentioned in another post.

I use the G5C and just love it. It's super soft with a lot of backbone to pick up soap. It whips lather up without wasting time.

I have a 24mm G5C since a larger fan knot is more than I need. It works well set at 52mm loft. The 26mm MIG is also large but the hybrid design set at 54mm loft helps control it, and I like its the face feel. Along with the STF, the softest of the trio, there's enough variety to keep things interesting. I also have a 26mm Synbad bulb on hand to use on occasion. The new Semogue Pegasus Alchemist synth is on my radar and I'm wondering how it compares and if I'll need to make room for it.

Reactions: nav
G5C is absolutely phenomenal. I want to check out the newer frank shaving synth you mentioned in another post.

I've been wanting to get the new FS brushes but sourcing it where I live has been an issue.
If I can get a way to get them, I'll definitely go ahead because the FS pur-tech fibre is still a favourite!

I use the G5C and just love it. It's super soft with a lot of backbone to pick up soap. It whips lather up without wasting time.

Agreed!
There's something about the G5C that generates a lather rapidly.

I have a 24mm G5C since a larger fan knot is more than I need. It works well set at 52mm loft. The 26mm MIG is also large but the hybrid design set at 54mm loft helps control it, and I like its the face feel. Along with the STF, the softest of the trio, there's enough variety to keep things interesting. I also have a 26mm Synbad bulb on hand to use on occasion. The new Semogue Pegasus Alchemist synth is on my radar and I'm wondering how it compares and if I'll need to make room for it.

What is the difference in face feel of MiG compared to the G5C please?

I have the 26mm G5C and actually feel the 24mm would have been sufficient given how broad the fan shape knot is.

What is the difference in face feel of MiG compared to the G5C please?

I have the 26mm G5C and actually feel the 24mm would have been sufficient given how broad the fan shape knot is.
The MIG is closer to the STF, very soft, though its thicker fibers make for a bit firmer, more substantial face feel.
I've had both the 24 and 26mm G5C, and the smaller one is plenty big for face lathering.

• Cheers
Reactions: nav
APShave in 24 G5A with Shavemac Dark Abalone handle. First whirl tomorrow.

PXL_20240321_030525459.NIGHT.jpg

Top Bottom