What's new

Impressive: 13 yo girl in 3-gun competition woods walk

I'm. Impressed. Not only good shooting but excellent safety skills as she ensures her firearm is cleared at the end.

Sent via Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Shes a natural. Thats nice to see.

Few that young understand how to lean into the gun to absorb the recoil for the follow ups.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Contrast that to the marchers and snowflakes!

+1 this.

American needs a next generation of shooters that actually experience the outdoors, and not iPads and video games.

Seriously pleased that my nieces both married wholesome CCW-packing young men ... and in a horribly repressive state. Nuff' said.

AA

+1 this.

American needs a next generation of shooters that actually experience the outdoors, and not iPads and video games.

Seriously pleased that my nieces both married wholesome CCW-packing young men ... and in a horribly repressive state. Nuff' said.

AA
The next 5-10 years are certainly going to be interesting. I'm concerned but hopeful.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

Its gone the complete other direction here in Canada. 90% of new shooters will never step into the field hunting.

A lot of the places I used to deer and goose hunt years ago are now off limits. City people moving to the country. No Trespassing signs are everywhere. Even being seen carrying a cased long gun to and from the truck can cause almost sheer panic with my hipster neighbors.

My brother in law was surrounded by police twice with their weapons drawn. Once when he was trying to sell a Ruger M77 and a Brinks truck went by when he was putting it in the trunk of his car and they called the police. The Brinks guys even use to use the indoor range at my club for practicing once a week.

Another time when he was loading the shotguns into the truck, putting them behind the seat, and someone driving by saw him, called 911 and he was pulled over in under 5 miles after leaving with his wife and son in the truck, at gunpoint, by 9 officers. They even pepper sprayed him when he walked into the ditch away from the truck so they wouldnt be pointing their guns at his wife and son.

The last few years here I've gone out to follow flocks of geese to see which fields they were going too and I havent seen a single hunter anywhere, much the same during deer season here. All the usual bushes that always saw hunters, and even camps, I dont see anyone anymore. Pretty disconcerting I have to say.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Its gone the complete other direction here in Canada. 90% of new shooters will never step into the field hunting.

A lot of the places I used to deer and goose hunt years ago are now off limits. City people moving to the country. No Trespassing signs are everywhere. Even being seen carrying a cased long gun to and from the truck can cause almost sheer panic with my hipster neighbors.

My brother in law was surrounded by police twice with their weapons drawn. Once when he was trying to sell a Ruger M77 and a Brinks truck went by when he was putting it in the trunk of his car and they called the police. The Brinks guys even use to use the indoor range at my club for practicing once a week.

Another time when he was loading the shotguns into the truck, putting them behind the seat, and someone driving by saw him, called 911 and he was pulled over in under 5 miles after leaving with his wife and son in the truck, at gunpoint, by 9 officers. They even pepper sprayed him when he walked into the ditch away from the truck so they wouldnt be pointing their guns at his wife and son.

The last few years here I've gone out to follow flocks of geese to see which fields they were going too and I havent seen a single hunter anywhere, much the same during deer season here. All the usual bushes that always saw hunters, and even camps, I dont see anyone anymore. Pretty disconcerting I have to say.

Mike, that's sad - and horrible.

I love Canada. Friendly people, great food (and beer, though I'm a teetotaler). With its abundance of land and wildlife - and history! Canada needs to preserve its outdoors traditions even more than the USA - in my opinion.

AA

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Where I am in southern Ontario its a dying tradition, but I cant say the same for everywhere. I need to drive two hours to find welcoming farmers.

20 years ago when I was deer and goose hunting all the time, we only had to drive 10 minutes.

Top Bottom