What's new

Impressions of AOS creams

I have often seen the Art of Shaving products and have wondered about the quality of their shave creams. For those of you who have used AOS creams what are your impressions? How does AOS cream compare to for example, T&H, or GFT or TOBS?

I’ve used the AOS lavender (I’m a bit of a lavender nut). I thought it was on par with TOBS and GFT. Castle Forbes is still my favorite cream, but AOS is more readily available and an acceptable fill in when needed.

It is easily whipped up into a nice lather. I used it with straights and was pleased with the slickness for my shave. It would be just as pleasing with a DE razor. The scent was good. And of course they have other products to compliment the cream.

While they are available at a bunch of different stores (I can’t seem to go anywhere without running in to ULTA, and even our small community has an AOS section), the company website and B&M stores sometimes run sales. That’s the best time to pick up a new product you want to try.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
They are great. Easy to lather, smells nice. Soft cushiony shave. Nothing to not like about them.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I seem to find myself shifting in the general direction of creams, so its nice to know AOS is good quality.

A bit late to the party, but I have used AOS Sandalwood cream.

I find that it easily exceeds the performance and in-shave/post-shave feel of TOBS sandalwood (the only other cream I’ve really tried besides Proraso Green). The lather can be made slick enough for a good SR shave, it is quite silky, protective, and the scents AOS has in general are quite pleasant. It might not be elite, but it is definitely very good.

Does anyone have the unscented version of AOS? Wondering if there is any scent or is it without any scent? Sometimes they add masking agents that can have a scent.

I use AOS Lemon and Sandalwood. Both perform great and have nice scents.

Yup. Me too. I picked up a 5oz tub of Sandalwood cream at my local Sam's club for under $18. I already had a couple of tubes of the lemon. I used the Sandalwood yesterday, and it lathered up like a champ with very little effort.

Does anyone have the unscented version of AOS? Wondering if there is any scent or is it without any scent? Sometimes they add masking agents that can have a scent.
I have used unscented, and it is pretty much neutral. I like to put a couple of drops of essential oil in, though, to mix things up! Easy way to get a great peppermint cream!

I have a general question.
How are these versions different (striped vs unstriped)?

1625587073551.png
1625587121973.png

I really like their products. AOS has a different feel from any others creams I have tried. The closest to it is the Body Shop cream.

Top Bottom