What's new

Impressed Newbie

Just started with a DE razor and what a shave. Best ever.
Reading awhile here and am glad I did. Below are the products I have chosen to start with and I am very impressed.
-Gillette Super Speed (purchased here from another member)
-Feather SS blades (very sharp)
-Opal Pure Badger brush which has been in my closet for 20 years or so.
-Taylor Avocado shaving cream (came yesterday)
-Proraso Liquid Cream After Shave (came yesterday)

Method of shaving

Shower-dab of cream in a mug- wet face again- run brush under hot water-work up a lather and apply.
Shave pulling skin tight- rinse with cold water- apply witch hazel- apply Proraso.

Could or should I apply the cream directly to the brush?

My wife couldn't believe the result so maybe we started a new friendship???

Please make comments and suggestions as this newbie only wants to get it right.

Thanks for all the help on Badger and Blade. :thumbup1:

You have started with a great kit. Yes you can apply the cream directly to the brush. I personally use my mug to hold boiling water for my brush and lather directly to my face, I find it easier to adjust the lather that way and have recently found I like a Boar brush for this rather than a Badger. Welcome to Badger & Blade.

Welcome to the group!! Wet the brush in hot water and dip and swirl in upside down tup of shave cream so you do not get water in the tub, then , lather on your face with brush. You don't need very much cream when doing it this way. Many more awesome shaves!!!

I love the Proraso Liquid Cream stuff! I also have a superspeed that feels nice too! Welcome, and do spread the word to your friends!

Welcome to the forum. If you're enjoying your DE shave this much right off the bat, wait til you've had a couple of months of it. It gets even better!

It takes longer then my old way of shaving in the shower with a Gillette sensor and a can of shaving cream.

Welcome to the forum. If you're enjoying your DE shave this much right off the bat, wait till you've had a couple of months of it. It gets even better!
Don't know how this could be possible. :blush: Like I said I am very impressed right now. Guess I need to look into some after shaves that are not on the drugstore shelf.
What took me so long to find the best shave????
Thanks all for the guidance.
Ron

...Guess I need to look into some after shaves that are not on the drugstore shelf...Ron

Welcome to B&B Ron!

Don't necessarily write off the AS's that you can find in your local drugstore. Many of them (Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, Old Spice, Clubman and other Pinaud products, and the Barbasol line come to mind here) have been around for many years for very good reasons. The best thing about them is that if you find them not to your liking you haven't made a major investment and can happily move on to try others.

One of the great things about wetshaving is that it can be as inexpensive (or as expensive:lol:) as you want it to be. Good luck, and enjoy the journey!

You can either stick some scream on your brush, or drag it a bit through your TOBS tub. You don't need to work it like you would a soap from the container, just a swirl or two usually picks up enough cream to begin work in your bowl or on your face directly.

Top Bottom