What's new

Important news from Above The Tie

To our valued customers:

This is very difficult for us to write. After many sleepless nights and lots of thought, Matt and I have made the decision to close Above The Tie. We honestly never thought we would be here, but over the last few years, low sales, plus rising material and labor costs have taken their toll. We have fought hard to keep from passing these increases on to our wonderful customers. We believe in taking care of not only your shaving needs, but also your wallets.

There’s no need to be sad - we’re looking forward to the next chapter in our lives. This decision will allow us to spend more quality time with our family & friends. Mason is active in Boy Scouts & just got accepted to be a percussionist in his middle school band, and Mia keeps busy with gymnastics and piano lessons. Once the business closes Matt & I will have much more time to be present for our children. It is a privilege to watch them grow and we don’t want to miss a second of it!

It has been an honor (and so much fun!) to serve the wet shaving community for the last twelve years. We have been truly humbled by the amount of support and encouragement we have received from everyone from the moment we opened our “doors” until now, when we are closing them. The friendships we’ve made with you have meant so much to us. We will miss you all, but we are excited to see what the future holds. As always from all of us at Above The Tie, happy shaving.

Matt and Mariah

So sad to hear this. My first premium razor was an Above The Tie, which I bought in 2013. It truly was a step up compared to anything else on the market and you were the pioneers of precision CNC razor manufacturing, which is where the whole premium market is today. The razors you make today are still competitive against anything out there, and I was very pleased to come back to ATT more recently and buy a Windsor copper plated set and an X1 SE slant - they are excellent and for me it felt like coming home.

I’m even more glad that I bought those razors, hearing this news that they will not be made any more.

I wish you every success and happiness in future and I thank you for the great things you made and the great shaves I got because of them.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Wow. I've handled a few of your excellent razors: G1, S2, SE1, SE2, X1. Whatever you do next, I hope that it's fulfilling. Your company has made a lot of happiness around here -- I'll be thinking about that every time I use an ATT razor.

O.H.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I echo others in wishing you all the best in your next adventure. You have made an indelible mark on this community. I am proud to say that the entirety of my collection is a Windsor with two copper plates, CM and CR, and two handles, Atlas and Kronos. Ninety-nine percent of the time it is the Atlas and CM, and I am constantly delighted with it. Thank you.

Wow…sad news. Thank you for supplying and supporting the shaving community with great products and service for so many years. I have several of your razors and find them all excellent. Hate to see you guys go, but wish you all the best in whatever the future holds.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I am relatively new to wet shaving but I enjoyed the emails from you, Mariah, as I was selecting my ATT razor. Matt, I want to thank you for designing the X1. It found its way into my top 6 razors with ease.

I’m glad you will be able to spend more time with your children. They do grow up quickly and those years fly by. Our two sons are in their 40s now. That happened when we weren’t looking. (Smile)

Best of luck to both of you and your children as you embark on the next phase of your lives !
Thanks a lot for your wonderful products and your energetic commitment to our traditional shaving hobby.
My heavyweight Timberwolf brush and Orange Blossom-Jasmine soap are valued parts of my collection.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Thank you & good luck! ATT was first with a number of products, I will continue to use those I have fondly. I still have an SE-1 with a hand drawn "H" for heavy on the bottom that Stan made up for me during testing ..

One of my longest daily drivers that is still use (and is partially responsible for my extended absence from here) is my ATT slant first year. I hand polished it myself since that wasn’t an option yet.

I’m debating getting rid of a Wolfman I acquired and a Weber PH that doesn’t get any love anymore, but not that.

Top Bottom