What's new

IMPORTANT: Contest Has Been Called Off

I got my jar of C&E Nomad yesterday when I got home. I tore open the package and was just so pleased! I love the smell of this cream and the lather this morning was just superb!!!!! Thank you to all who made this possible.

:badger: :badger: :badger:

tryphon said:
Yes. I posted a message on the board as soon as I was aware of the win, but the mods must not have read it. I sent a PM and was told that I missed my chance. Leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth....

Tryphon,

As best I can tell, your first post on the subject was a full week after the contest had ended. We had about 30 people who entered the contest that did not have a full ten posts by the deadline. We had another seven or eight that never sent in their email (or didn't send it in with the appropriate info). Then we had another five or six that PMed me after the deadline requesting they be added to the contest.

The rules were pretty specific, and a lot of people that followed them got some nice loot. No need to be bitter, just chalk it up to "Oh well, hopefully I'll win next time." :smile:

-Nick

Nick said:
Tryphon,
The rules were pretty specific, and a lot of people that followed them got some nice loot. No need to be bitter, just chalk it up to "Oh well, hopefully I'll win next time." :smile:
-Nick

Not bitter, disappointed.
Take care,
Giovanni

tryphon said:
Not bitter, disappointed.
Take care,
Giovanni

I have to say... this leaves ME with a bitter taste in my mouth. Since you chose to drag this out in public and whine - I will oblige you with embarassment.

Here are the facts....
1.) You entered a FREE contest to win prizes of value.
2.) You agreed to the rules by placing your entry into the contest - one of the rules of which = not responding to your PM from a moderator within 48 hours.
3.) You EMAILED me 5 days after I made a post specifically requesting individuals to PM me immediatly if they had not received a PM from a moderator. Your email SPECIFICALLY stated......
"Dear Joel,
I have not received the prize nor any messages from the sponsors.
Any help you may provide will be appreciated.
Thanks!"
4.) I promptly responded to your EMAIL with the following...
"Giovanni,
Have you received a pm from a moderator? If so - what moderator? Each
moderator was responsible for contacting those individuals who won the
prizes they were responsible for, so asking that moderator for a status
update would be the quickest way to get info.

Manufactures aren't actually contacting you however - once you send your
info to the mod - THEY contact the manufacture, then the manufacture sends
you the prize.

-JF"
5.) You responded with....
"I think a message was sent while I was away and filtered out by my anti-spam
program.
I tried retrieving it, but was unable to do so. The prize is the Baxter set
Your help is appreciated!
Thanksa,
Giovanni"

Eventhough I specifically stated you were to have received a PM (NOT EMAIL) you begun discussing your spam filter and the likes, and say yourself - you received some form of contact - yet even then - you still did not inquire or ask a question at that point - you waited until yesterday.

6.) After having asked you multiple times about the PM - you consistently could not understand/communicate the information I needed and the rules which you agreed to by entering the contest (see back up to #2) disqualified you from winning the prize after 48 hours.... and you contacted well over a week late.

Posting that you are left with a bitter taste in your mouth - in my opinion is just asinine. You agreed to the rules to receive free swag, you did NOT abide by them, and were unable to communicate information to me in order for me to assist you, you contacted me 5 days after I posted for individuals to PM me immediatly if they hadn't received a PM (which is well over 48 hours anyway) and did not contact me because you hadn't received a PM - you had contacted me because you had not received a prize, and had not heard from the manufacturer, or vendor.

You didn't play by the rules... now YOU are left with a "bitter taste" in your mouth because we could not bend the rules YOU agreed to (and the manufactures were told/given) and then try to complain about it? You'll get not pity/compassion from me pal.

It's unfortuante that when you try to do something fun/cool (not to mention free) some people will end up upset for one reason or another.

Kinda like complaining about the taxes you had to pay on that huge lottery jack-pot...:smile:

joel said:
I have to say... this leaves ME with a bitter taste in my mouth. Since you chose to drag this out in public and whine - I will oblige you with embarassment.

Here are the facts....
1.) You entered a FREE contest to win prizes of value.
2.) You agreed to the rules by placing your entry into the contest - one of the rules of which = not responding to your PM from a moderator within 48 hours.
3.) You EMAILED me 5 days after I made a post specifically requesting individuals to PM me immediatly if they had not received a PM from a moderator. Your email SPECIFICALLY stated......
"Dear Joel,
I have not received the prize nor any messages from the sponsors.
Any help you may provide will be appreciated.
Thanks!"
4.) I promptly responded to your EMAIL with the following...
"Giovanni,
Have you received a pm from a moderator? If so - what moderator? Each
moderator was responsible for contacting those individuals who won the
prizes they were responsible for, so asking that moderator for a status
update would be the quickest way to get info.

Manufactures aren't actually contacting you however - once you send your
info to the mod - THEY contact the manufacture, then the manufacture sends
you the prize.

-JF"
5.) You responded with....
"I think a message was sent while I was away and filtered out by my anti-spam
program.
I tried retrieving it, but was unable to do so. The prize is the Baxter set
Your help is appreciated!
Thanksa,
Giovanni"

Eventhough I specifically stated you were to have received a PM (NOT EMAIL) you begun discussing your spam filter and the likes, and say yourself - you received some form of contact - yet even then - you still did not inquire or ask a question at that point - you waited until yesterday.

6.) After having asked you multiple times about the PM - you consistently could not understand/communicate the information I needed and the rules which you agreed to by entering the contest (see back up to #2) disqualified you from winning the prize after 48 hours.... and you contacted well over a week late.

Posting that you are left with a bitter taste in your mouth - in my opinion is just asinine. You agreed to the rules to receive free swag, you did NOT abide by them, and were unable to communicate information to me in order for me to assist you, you contacted me 5 days after I posted for individuals to PM me immediatly if they hadn't received a PM (which is well over 48 hours anyway) and did not contact me because you hadn't received a PM - you had contacted me because you had not received a prize, and had not heard from the manufacturer, or vendor.

You didn't play by the rules... now YOU are left with a "bitter taste" in your mouth because we could not bend the rules YOU agreed to (and the manufactures were told/given) and then try to complain about it? You'll get not pity/compassion from me pal.

I am not complaining about the rules. I knew them and accepted them, but please allow me to be disappointed, OK?
Yes, I was not quick enough, I was on the road and internet connections were not always available: my bad luck, no problem. Believe me, I am not embarassed by your post nor have I ever sought your pity. Maybe you should show more detachment, being a moderator....
You run a great site, thanks for all you do and the contest was a brilliant idea. Maybe leaving a little more than 48 hours the next time will enable more people to get their prizes.
Nothing personal, I am not crying myself to sleep, I assure you.
Peace! Giovanni

First Impressions of the C&E Nomad:

The packaging:

I recieved a nice and classy dark black box with a brownish container with a black lid inside. The lide had the Crabtree & Evelyn name around it. Now, the brown jar is a neat item...turns out the outside of it is rubberized, so it won't slip off the counter. Now that's a great idea!

Opening it up:

The scent is awesome....very deep, woodsy, exotic smell. I love it. I need to check their site out to see if they have other products with this fragrance.

The lather: Easy, thick, and lubricating...this has it all. Upon lathering, the scent of this cream became even more powerful, almost mesmerizing.

The shave: very comfortable, very close, and far less irritation than the Taylors I could compare this to.

Really, I think I found a new favorite.... Once again, many thanks to the folks on this board, and the manufacturers behind this contest!

Cheers!

My [post=79295]Moss Scuttle[/post] arrived today!!!!

:badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger:

Thank you Sara for your generosity, thank you B&B mods for putting the contest together, and thank you Canada Post and U.S. Postal Service for getting it to me in one piece. Definitely worth the wait!!!

The Simpsons Duke #2 kindly donated by Lee is terrific! I was able to use it for the first time today and love it.

My sincere thanks to Lee as well as the great staff here at B&B.

My prize arrived today. Wow! Everything smells great and i'm certain that it will all work as well as any and all of Sain Charles products.

Thanks to Sue and all of those that made this anniversary gifting possible.

Includes:
B&B Bay Rum with a twist.
Coconut shaving soap in a stainless steel bowl.
Shaving crea.
Blend 2-11 EDT.
Puck of cool line shaving soap.

proxy.php

Have the Baxter prizes sent out? I replied to my PM, but haven't recieved/heard anything else...
:blushing: Doesn't look like it :blush:

James

P. S.

any of you guys want to prove me wrong ?

Baxter Set 1 - ForestryProf
Baxter Set 2 - Magruder
Baxter Set 3 - tryphon
Baxter Set 4 - kenxxxxxx
Baxter Set 5 - castlecraver
Baxter Set 6 - Iwan
Baxter Set 7 - sanglant

oh well easy come easy go :redface:

Never received mine, but at this point, I'm writing it off. In fact, I already picked up some Baxter stuff. I will admit, I initially joined the board to register for the contest. My "prize" so far has been far more valuable and enjoyable than anything I could have won.

:blushing: Doesn't look like it :blush:

James

P. S.

Baxter Set 1 - ForestryProf
Baxter Set 2 - Magruder
Baxter Set 3 - tryphon
Baxter Set 4 - kenxxxxxx
Baxter Set 5 - castlecraver
Baxter Set 6 - Iwan
Baxter Set 7 - sanglant

oh well easy come easy go :redface:

This is unacceptable. If you didn't receive your set, please PM me and I'll work with the rest of the mods and the supplier to make sure you get your prize.

Top Bottom