What's new

Imperial Field Shave Soap Canister

Anyone ever seen (or better, used) this? Never heard of it:

$field-shave-soap-canister_1-230x187.jpg

http://imperialbarberproducts.com/products/field-shave-soap-canister/

Ingredients scream commercial/M&P base:

Glycerin Shave/Face Soap & Glycerin Shave Soap Puck: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerine, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Sorbitan Oleate, Vitamin E, Soy Bean Protein

I have their Pre Shave Oil, Bergamot Splash, and the Face/Shave soap bar (same soap as the 'Field Jar'). Believe it or not, the soap is pretty darn good. Has absolutely zero scent, but it lathers up nice and is pretty slick. IMHO, its better than Mama Bear's or Shaving Yeti, but it is that type of soap. I haven't used it for shaving for a while, but it makes a very nice face soap too, and works well as a pre shave (rub a thick layer of the soap into your beard, leave it set while you load your brush, lather a different soap right over top).

The pre shave oil isn't half bad, and I enjoy the bergamot splash. The splash makes my face feel very nice, but the scent is very weak and doesn't last at all. All in all, the products are decent quality. A little pricey for what you get, but they're OK. For my money, there's plenty of better stuff out there. I received those three items as a gift, so I use them now and again. I would probably spend a few bucks on the splash, the pre shave and soap I wouldn't - but I'll use them while I have them.

EDIT TO ADD: This is the bundle I received as a gift. Again, the stuff is pretty decent quality, especially the splash, but I think its a little overpriced.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, the soap is pretty darn good.
Oh I have no reason to disbelieve that. Commercial bases are popular because they do a pretty good job. My only issue with them is and always was if someone tries to pass one off as their own recipe.

Let's face it - compared to canned goo this stuff is nirvana. 10 years ago would anyone have faulted it?

Top Bottom